Buylog - 2015 20X Optical Zoom IR 150M High Speed Dome Full HD1080P Auto Tracking

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I assume it is cold outside where you are. The inside sometimes will fog up when the camera is exposed to a sudden big drop in temperature (as in being moved from a warm house to a cold yard)...

Most speed domes have a heater / defog inside the housing. Usually set to automatically cut on at very cold temperatures, but can be manually turned on when needed.

If this option is not on the web browser version, then you can probably find it in the on screen display by going to "preset 95"....I would look through those menus for something like "defog" or "defrost". Turning that on should activate the heater and clear the condensation

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi wxman and thanks.
The outside temperature is roughly between 7 and 10 degrees.
I entered in hide menù osd and i found a function "TEMP MODE". See screen. Cattura.PNG It was set to "AUTO". With this set the IP camera would not have had to create the problem, or i'm wrong?
I can manual set TEMP MODE" to DEFROST (see screen) Cattura1.PNGor "COOL1" or "COOL2". I think that "COOL1" and "COOL2" are settings for high temperatures as in summer, becouse if i set with this i hear the sound of the fan, are two different levels of speed.
The other parameters i do not know what they are.
I will try take outside the camera with defrost setting but i'm not sure that it will work.

I'm watching the specs on page of seller at this link http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ccX3pdDW in the green table entitled "The different between the high speed dome camera" My model is IMP-3MP98C-H and i saw for it that the function "automatic heating system (winter) " there are not signs for "Support automatic heating system" and for "without automatic heating system". For function "Automatic cooling system (summer)" there is sign only on "without automatic cooling system".

What does it mean ? I must to activate them manually in all cases?

Thanks for help.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi wxman and thanks.
I entered in hide menù osd and i found a function "TEMP MODE". See screen. View attachment 8090 It was set to "AUTO". With this set the IP camera would not have had to create the problem, or i'm wrong?
I can manual set TEMP MODE" to DEFROST (see screen) View attachment 8091or "COOL1" or "COOL2". I think that "COOL1" and "COOL2" are settings for high temperatures as in summer, becouse if i set with this i hear the sound of the fan, are two different levels of speed.
I will try take outside the camera with defrost setting but i'm not sure that it will work.

I'm watching the specs on page of seller at this link http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cSdmXLGU in the green table entitled "The different between the high speed dome camera" My model is IMP-3MP98C-H and i saw for it that the function "automatic heating system (winter) " there are not signs for "Support automatic heating system" and for "without automatic heating system". For function "Automatic cooling system (summer)" there is sign only on "without automatic cooling system".

Thanks for help.
Just turn the camera on and leave it on for a few hours possibly
It will clear itself and will not come back

It happened to me when I put mine up
Don't worry about it and don't mess with the settings leave it on auto.
Put it up leave it overnight if need be and all will be well.
I panicked a bit when I first put mine up and it was the same and it did take a while to clear itself. But once it did it then regulates itself and it doesn't happen after

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just turn the camera on and leave it on for a few hours possibly
It will clear itself and will not come back

It happened to me when I put mine up
Don't worry about it and don't mess with the settings leave it on auto.
Put it up leave it overnight if need be and all will be well.
I panicked a bit when I first put mine up and it was the same and it did take a while to clear itself. But once it did it then regulates itself and it doesn't happen after
Hi thanks for the info.

You sure this is normal?

This night I put the speed camera under the porch, (under roof). I turned on her at 8:20 (the time zone hour is wrong, you must count "-8", the correct is 00:20), after 20 minutes I did a screen and vision is good (there's no fogging and condensation). But after there is the problem, see screens

screen1 192.168.0.214_00_00_20160204003130862.jpg (no problem, this is 20 minutes after turning on, with temp mode = auto )

screen2 2.jpg (the start of fogging/condensate, this is 37 minutes after turning on, with temp mode = auto)

screen3 3.jpg (intense problem, this is 68 minutes after turning on, with temp mode = auto)

screen4 4.jpg (intense problem, i added the correct time, this is 85 minutes after turning on, with temp mode = auto)

screen5 5.jpg (intense problem, this is 110 minutes after turning on, with temp mode = auto)

screen6 6.jpg (The problem seems to extend, 136 minutes after turning on, with temp mode = auto)

I think is not normal. Now i try with defrost manual set.

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi thanks for the info.

You sure this is normal?

Last night I put the speed camera under the porch, (under roof). I turned on her at 8:20 (the time zone hour is wrong, you must count "-8", the correct is 00:20), after 20 minutes I did a screen and vision is good (there's no fogging and condensation). But after there is the problem, see screens

screen1 View attachment 8137 (no problem, this is 20 minutes after turning on with auto )

screen2 View attachment 8139 (the start of fogging/condensate, this is 37 minutes after turning on)

screen3 View attachment 8140 (intense problem, this is 68 minutes after turning on)

screen4 View attachment 8141 (intense problem, i added the correct time, this is 85 minutes after turning on)

screen5 View attachment 8142 (intense problem, this is 110 minutes after turning)

screen6 View attachment 8143 (The problem seems to extend, 136 minutes after turning)

I think is not normal. Now i try with defrost manual set.
Just try by leaving it on for 24 hours to normalise itself
Put the options back to what they were originally and I am sure it will be fine.

Admittedly in the UK we don't see -8 very often but mine took a good few hours to equalise it's temperature
And I have had no problem since

Just try it over a 24 hour period and see what happens

136 minutes is only just over 2 hours.
Bare in mind these fans aren't car heaters that clear quickly. It's job is to keep the temps stable so it doesn't fog or condensate which can take hours as they aren't that powerful but they do work.

If after 24 hours your still having issues then I would say it's time to dig a little deeper into the issue

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just try by leaving it on for 24 hours to normalise itself
Put the options back to what they were originally and I am sure it will be fine.

Admittedly in the UK we don't see -8 very often but mine took a good few hours to equalise it's temperature
And I have had no problem since

Just try it over a 24 hour period and see what happens

136 minutes is only just over 2 hours.
Bare in mind these fans aren't car heaters that clear quickly. It's job is to keep the temps stable so it doesn't fog or condensate which can take hours as they aren't that powerful but they do work.

If after 24 hours your still having issues then I would say it's time to dig a little deeper into the issue
Sorry but i write -8 for the hour and not for temp, the outside temp now is 5/6 degree now. I never seen -8 degree in my zone fortunately :)

Now with manual set mode temp on "DEFROST" the fogging and condensation are gone. :)

See screens

7.jpg (this is when i actived manual setting of TEMP MODE on "DEFROST")

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

and after 27 minutes from actived defrosting function the problem is resolved.

I have to see if it was the manual setting to solve. Now i put it back on "auto" and i see if the problem comes back out. In the coming days I will do other tests.

Can you tell me what are the other parameters such as "AUTO FLIP", "STOP TIME", "MENU OFF", "DISPLAY" in the OSD menu of the temperature?

Thanks for the help.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry but i write -8 for the hour and not for temp, the outside temp now is 5/6 degree now. I never seen -8 degree in my zone fortunately :)

Now with manual set mode temp on "DEFROST" the fogging and condensation are gone. :)

See screens

View attachment 8144 (this is when i actived manual setting of TEMP MODE on "DEFROST")

View attachment 8145 View attachment 8146 View attachment 8147 View attachment 8148

and after 27 minutes from actived defrosting function the problem is resolved.

I have to see if it was the manual setting to solve. Now i put it back on "auto" and i see if the problem comes back out. In the coming days I will do other tests.

Can you tell me what are the other parameters such as "AUTO FLIP", "STOP TIME", "MENU OFF", "DISPLAY" in the OSD menu of the temperature?

Thanks for the help.
I have no idea about the options as I haven't changed any.
The manual defrost you did basically was a quick version of auto
If you have put it back to auto now you will have no problems again

But don't leave it on manual because that will mean you will have to manually defrost every time it condensates

If you leave it on then I would imagine at some point it would lead to failure as it is designed to kick in and out

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Order the same Cam to Jack Chan store on Ali Few days ago, with a DHL express ship.
I ask him before ordering if a fast ship Was possible before China New Year, Yes no problem.
today i contact him to know why i didn't receive the tracking, he answer me later that it Will be shipped
in 15 days, because it's hollidays!
This seller is not serious, and absoluty not confused..

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
This seller is not serious
Looks like you seriously need "Aliexpress 101". There is no such thing as serious seller. They will tell you anything to get you to buy their stuff. Get used to it :)

Personally, I always double even triple check when buying anything expensive there...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
and the funny thing is, they'll make promises like when they'll ship your item even if they know there isn't a chance that it'll happen by the cutoff date where AliExpress refunds your money (and that seller has never gotten it). It's almost irrational, but that's how the game works... :p

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes ...
Now, he tells that he have more 20 days to begin ship.. Tsss
I ordered Hik Cam in 3 other shop without problem, fast ship and dialog before and after.
Here it's an other way, even if i tell at the first contact that i come to him while i see post on ipcamtalk forum.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I just ordered something from Ali to try out for the fun of it. Seller guarantees "on-time delivery" in SIXTY DAYS.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Oh and sometimes you can get pleasant surprises, on most recent v2 order. After I made a payment on 25th, seller said it will be after holiday with processing time set for 21 days, but then shipped it the next day and delivery scheduled on Monday. 2 week turn around during their holidays is really good.

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here not, he send me an other email that he doesn't cancel the order because he's got 20 days to begin the ship.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have no idea about the options as I haven't changed any.
The manual defrost you did basically was a quick version of auto
If you have put it back to auto now you will have no problems again

But don't leave it on manual because that will mean you will have to manually defrost every time it condensates

If you leave it on then I would imagine at some point it would lead to failure as it is designed to kick in and out
Hi, yes after i re-changed from defrost to auto and it's ok.

It seems a good product. In the next days i try the autotracking function.

Order the same Cam to Jack Chan store on Ali Few days ago, with a DHL express ship.
This seller is not serious, and absoluty not confused..
I tell you that this seller http://it.aliexpress.com/item/HIKVISION-DS-2CD2032F-I-3MP-MINI-Bullet-PoE-IP-Camera-Outdoor-SD-Card-Full-HD-1080P/32429804632.html the name is Luan Shen and is very professional, before purchase he have advised me of holidays and festival and if I had bought it immediately, it would be able to ship them to me the next day. And so it was.

As a seller I recommend it to you. Sells Dahua or Hikvision cameras but not PTZ or speed dome unfortunately. If he would sell huisun products or imporx products i always buy from him.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the speed dome can work through poe passive adapter and power supply?
The power supply specs are: dc output 12V 4A max.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Edit: It works, but when you turn on the LEDs there is a drop of 3 or 4 volts (from 12,2 volt down to 8/9 volt, while with direct power supply from 12,2 volt down to 11.9 volt), so better not. It 'best to use the power supply without the passive POE adapter.
I decided to use the POE because I wanted to take advantage of the UPS into the rack, but it is better to add the power cable from ups just below the camera.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would recommend against anyone attempting to run a large IR PTZ using Cat5E with passive injectors for a couple of reasons.

A 12V PTZ with a fan and heater unit can pull as much as 5 Amps (60W). Cat 5 is rated for 0.577 Amps per conductor and you only have four.
Voltage Drop - As you discovered such small conductors have fairly high resistance and cause massive voltage drop.
Fire - Heat is a by product of resistance. It may not burst in to flames on day one but it will degrade your insulation causing a fire risk over time.

2.5mm[SUP]2[/SUP] cable is cheap and you can run 10 amps down it without a problem.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi wxman and thanks.
I entered in hide menù osd and i found a function "TEMP MODE". See screen. View attachment 8090 It was set to "AUTO". With this set the IP camera would not have had to create the problem, or i'm wrong?
I can manual set TEMP MODE" to DEFROST (see screen) View attachment 8091or "COOL1" or "COOL2". I think that "COOL1" and "COOL2" are settings for high temperatures as in summer, becouse if i set with this i hear the sound of the fan, are two different levels of speed.

I'm watching the specs on page of seller at this link http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bCiQQNQC in the green table entitled "The different between the high speed dome camera" My model is IMP-3MP98C-H and i saw for it that the function "automatic heating system (winter) " there are not signs for "Support automatic heating system" and for "without automatic heating system". For function "Automatic cooling system (summer)" there is sign only on "without automatic cooling system".

Thanks for help.
The "auto" mode means the heater will turn on when it gets to a certain (cold enough) temperature inside the unit and the fan will cut on when it gets to a certain hot enough temperature. The manual mode turns on the heater (defrost) or the fan (cool 1 or cool 2) right now, no matter what the temperature is......That means, if you turn to defrost on a hot summer afternoon, the heater will instantly turn on even though it's hot. If you turn to manual cool, the fan will turn on immediately even if it's a cold winter day.

This is why you leave it in auto most of the time. Only turn it to "manual - Defrost" if the condensation has fogged up the dome. Then turn it back to "auto" mode as soon as fog has cleared from the screen. If you leave it in "manual - defrost" all the time, the heater will run all the time using a lot of electricity and possibly overheating the unit. Again, only use "manual - defrost" when the screen fogs up and turn it back to "auto" a few minutes later once the fog goes away.

oldrolla

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just finished throwing my YC-HD785R-20X up out the back and its not a bad cam.
Love the tracking....still doing some tweaking.

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Always waiting my refund for this cam from Jack Chan from Aliexpress, he doesn't want to accept my cancel request for the resean "unable to ship the order with the selected mode..dhl" Do you know how long i must wait for a refund from aliexpress ? Because JChan will be able to ship cam not before 20 days, so will receive it in march! Pfff...