Buylog - 2015 20X Optical Zoom IR 150M High Speed Dome Full HD1080P Auto Tracking

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just finished throwing my YC-HD785R-20X up out the back and its not a bad cam.
Love the tracking....still doing some tweaking.
Could you post a screenshot of your System Menu. Do you have a blank model number as well?

Also what does the model number in the information section of the preset 95 menu say?

Interested to see if we got the same camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You happen to have a video made in day / night time ?
I am still wondering how it looks like , could not find it in the precious pages if im correct.
Thanks

oldrolla

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Hey....just threw up a few night preset shots if you like.
It is pretty much pitch black outside at the moment apart from another cam i have opposite as you can see with the star light in the top right corner at the first and last preset.

Enjoy.....

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks allot !
it actually looks not bad at all, little t no noise as far i find it disturbing compared to my sunba 20x zoom.
And today i found out that it is even broken after 4 weeks.....

I think i'm going to buy this version to replace the sunba also with the auto tracking.
Hope it can do something on the location i have it installed.
Sunba will be repaired and then i will find another spot, maybe in my radio tower at 27/30 Meters height :)

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would be good to see larger view (no zoom) and zoom to an area where there is no object.
Thanks for sharing.
Other question: IR seems very strong. Do you see a lot of red when you look at camera in the dark? And how far in the wild can you see with IR?
Does auto tracking work in the dark too?
Thanks a lot.

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@klasipca & others: I am hesitating between this camera and the Huisin V2 PTZ. Without taking the price into account, what would you recommend? Can I drive this model with regular POE switch or I need more power? The camera will be placed around 150 feet from the street, so 20x make more sense.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@klasipca & others: I am hesitating between this camera and the Huisin V2 PTZ. Without taking the price into account, what would you recommend? Can I drive this model with regular POE switch or I need more power? The camera will be placed around 150 feet from the street, so 20x make more sense.
This one I doubt you can power via POE switch successfully, there is no POE option for this camera either. Mini PTZ is fine with regular POE switch though, at least works for me with Hikvision NVR POE and trendnet switch I bought with around 100 feet of wire

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
POE will not power this beast. It pulls down 40 watts. It comes with a 4A 12V power supply that you can use to drive it.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/8392-YC-HD785R-20X-PTZ-Camera-Intial-Night-Time-Testing

There is some night time footage at 50m (150 feet) for a reference point. I discuss IR performance over in that thread as well.

oldrolla

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It would be good to see larger view (no zoom) and zoom to an area where there is no object.
Thanks for sharing.
Other question: IR seems very strong. Do you see a lot of red when you look at camera in the dark? And how far in the wild can you see with IR?
Does auto tracking work in the dark too?
Thanks a lot.
Yeah.....sorry threw that clip up in a bit of a rush. Dont think my small backyard does the camera justice actually so if i have time i will throw it out the front and see how that goes.
Yes you can definitely see the red glow of the IR leds at night and NO as @SyconsciousAu said it isn't POE.
Auto tracking works under IR conditions (at night) as well.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Auto tracking works under IR conditions (at night) as well.
I'm going to qualify that one with a "sometimes". Mine completely ignored a jogger at night, that it would have tracked by day.

The auto tracking works well but it appears that it needs decent lighting/contrast in the scene to do so. The issue I found with auto tracking is that whilst it is auto tracking it will chase whatever appears more interesting to the movement sensor, and not necessarily what you would like it to track. On a windy day it was nicely tracking someone walking across the front yard until they got near a tree, at which point it started to track up the tree.

I've successfully set mine up in BI so the fixed cameras send a preset call to the PTZ when they see movement at certain points.

I am currently trying to work out how to control the settings in the camera with CGI. Have yet to find anything online which tells me what the correct CGI command URLs are though.

oldrolla

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep.....have to agree. The tracking has a way to go before it is adequate. Very hit and miss. And not a great deal of controls to fine tune :)

dewhite04

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep.....have to agree. The tracking has a way to go before it is adequate. Very hit and miss. And not a great deal of controls to fine tune :)
I just received this camera a few days ago and have been pecking away at getting it setup for testing at my office. I've gotten through several of the initial problems with setup, but I can't for my life figure out two outstanding issues.

First, I can't seem to get live view or video playback via webbrowser. I'm using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 and have installed the ActiveX plugin without success. All the PTZ functions work fine from the browser, and I can see video in iVMS. Second is the Autotracking. I can't find any place in the firmware to turn this on or make adjustments. I keep thinking I'm just not looking in the right place, but I don't see anything that seems like it could be related to this function?

Anybody mind shedding a little light on either of these questions?

Thanks for all the great information and firsthand experience with this cam - I'm really looking forward to putting it into the rotation with our fixed IP and analog cams.

dewhite04

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received this camera a few days ago and have been pecking away at getting it setup for testing at my office. I've gotten through several of the initial problems with setup, but I can't for my life figure out two outstanding issues.

First, I can't seem to get live view or video playback via webbrowser. I'm using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 and have installed the ActiveX plugin without success. All the PTZ functions work fine from the browser, and I can see video in iVMS. Second is the Autotracking. I can't find any place in the firmware to turn this on or make adjustments. I keep thinking I'm just not looking in the right place, but I don't see anything that seems like it could be related to this function?

Anybody mind shedding a little light on either of these questions?

Thanks for all the great information and firsthand experience with this cam - I'm really looking forward to putting it into the rotation with our fixed IP and analog cams.
n00b move - I answered one of my own questions. I see that the auto-tracking stuff is located in preset 95. Still can't figure out why no liveview in the web setup.

Reaction score
n00b move - I answered one of my own questions. I see that the auto-tracking stuff is located in preset 95. Still can't figure out why no liveview in the web setup.

Maybe you have to add the site to compatibility view and/or trusted sites like I do with my POS Swann system?