Buylog - 2015 20X Optical Zoom IR 150M High Speed Dome Full HD1080P Auto Tracking

radionerd

n3wb
Reaction score
cycle power ? what i must do exactly ? For the tool, i try, but sadp'doesn't see the ptz cam anymore.

Power is ok, cam init seems to be ok, not on any lan, not back in 192.168.0.99

Thanks
On occasion mine has had the same problem. It gets locked up. (Won't respond to login, same error).

Cycle power (unplug power, then plug power back in, reboot)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Homer51

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For the power, done no luck ..
Sadp no cam alive..
No reset possible it seems

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I found that its my IR wiper reflection. if I turn off IR its good.
Try painting the reflecting side of the wiper arm with black paint that doesn't reflect IR (test first).

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
Just picked up the Huisun Speed Dome from Monica Wen on Aliexpress (2MP 30x 120m - http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/7745858977.html?orderId=75813438359266). I am beyond excited but also partially terrified. I have a feeling I may need some n00b support from this great forum so I'll try to post updates.

My setup currently has 3 cameras (two 3mp HIK/Dahua bullets, one 4mp HIK dome) running off a dedicated Win10 PC running Blue Iris. I want to use this speed dome to monitor the front of my house on an urban street so I'll have about a 50-60' run from the NVR setup in the back of my house to the mount location. I'm trying to figure out if I want to run it out the back and over the roof or through the house.

If I went through the house perhaps it'd be best supply the power and cat6 as close as possible to the mounting location with a powerline adapter like this? http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-PA4010KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B00AWRUICG?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

As I know some people have purchased these Huisun speed domes already, do I need to have a special power supply or type of cable?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
You'll need a wall wart (5a oughta do it) supplying 12v and you should have an 18/2 extension cord with standard cctv power connectors for the power from the wart to the camera.

Run your 'net from the switch to the cam with cat 5 or 6, your choice. It'll just be carrying data. Use PLAs only if you have to.

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
You'll need a wall wart (5a oughta do it) supplying 12v and you should have an 18/2 extension cord with standard cctv power connectors for the power from the wart to the camera.

Run your 'net from the switch to the cam with cat 5 or 6, your choice. It'll just be carrying data. Use PLAs only if you have to.

Got it, so how about this:

Power Supply: http://www.amazon.com/TMEZON-100V-Switching-Security-Accessories/dp/B00MBBOWAU?ie=UTF8&keywords=12v dc power supply 5a&qid=1465328586&ref_=sr_1_1&s=photo&sr=1-1
Extension: http://www.amazon.com/Vanxse®cctv-2-1x5-5mm-Extension-Security-Standalone/dp/B00WO99GRI?ie=UTF8&keywords=security camera power cable&qid=1465329169&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Power supply looks adequate. No hints on the gauge wire in the extension cord, plus it is only 15'. Short is good but would it be long enough? I'd look for a cord that tells you the gauge. If they don't then it's probably teeny tiny stuff meant for 5w cameras not 35+w monsters.

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so camera came yesterday and I got it up and running! The picture quality is amazing. Does anyone know (or can direct me to a thread that covers this) how to get the PTZ presets in BI so that I can configure a custom patrol of sorts from different zones. I've seen how to edit it in Blue Iris but I'm unsure where to get the data for the parameters on the views I'd like to set up.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok so camera came yesterday and I got it up and running! The picture quality is amazing. Does anyone know (or can direct me to a thread that covers this) how to get the PTZ presets in BI so that I can configure a custom patrol of sorts from different zones. I've seen how to edit it in Blue Iris but I'm unsure where to get the data for the parameters on the views I'd like to set up.
Quick question @yesman , if you go under the exposure setting and go to either "manual" or "shutter priority", what is the slowest speed offered? (probably something like 1/30 second or 1/25 second...maybe even as low as 1 second)...Also, is there any option around these settings that can be activated called "slow shutter" or something similar?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You do the presets in the camera and BI just tells it to go to those.

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick question @yesman , if you go under the exposure setting and go to either "manual" or "shutter priority", what is the slowest speed offered? (probably something like 1/30 second or 1/25 second...maybe even as low as 1 second)...Also, is there any option around these settings that can be activated called "slow shutter" or something similar?

Thanks for your help!
Hey @wxman - Here's some screens at what I'm looking at, let me know if you see something you'd like me to investigate further.

http://imgur.com/a/gMMwX

Last edited by a moderator:

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey @wxman - Here's some screens at what I'm looking at, let me know if you see something you'd like me to investigate further.

http://imgur.com/a/gMMwX
Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like 1/25 is as slow as it goes, despite the specs in the ad saying 1 second. Unless there happens to be something in the on screen display (preset 95) that allows slower shutter speeds. Not really sure where it would be in that menu, though...

Maybe if everyone starts requesting partial refunds for these domes not being as described, these sellers would start putting the correct specs in the ads.

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
Cool, so I've figured out how to set the presets in the camera (clicking the "set" button returns no feedback to the user so I was unaware it was doing anything). I've added it do BI using an underscore "preset 1 = preset_1" - works awesomely. My next newbish question is how to access the menu where you can configure the auto-tracking settings. In the documentation that came with the camera it details many menus that don't seem to be available in the web gui, here's a page that I'm specifically trying to get to in the screenshot below:

http://i.imgur.com/lUXVNcz.png

yesman

n3wb
Reaction score
Cool, so I've figured out how to set the presets in the camera (clicking the "set" button returns no feedback to the user so I was unaware it was doing anything). I've added it do BI using an underscore "preset 1 = preset_1" - works awesomely. My next newbish question is how to access the menu where you can configure the auto-tracking settings. In the documentation that came with the camera it details many menus that don't seem to be available in the web gui, here's a page that I'm specifically trying to get to in the screenshot below:

http://i.imgur.com/lUXVNcz.png
Just going to reply to myself here as I figured it out (this stuff is probably dead obvious for anyone that has dealt with this type of camera before)

To access the OSD settings (internal camera menu, NOT web interface) which has a good amount of additional features you need to go to the 1-256 presets panel in the web interface and "call" preset 95 using the call icon. The menu shows up and then you navigate it using the PTZ directional pad. Again this is probably understood by many but in case someone happens to be following this portion of the thread I thought I'd leave a trail.

Teklock

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed today Sunba has a firmware update for this camera. Anyone checked it out yet?

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I noticed today Sunba has a firmware update for this camera. Anyone checked it out yet?
For this camera? Mine is an Imporx / Huisun not a Sunba. I didnt know sunba did this camera under the brand.