.bvr video file editor

KennyP

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a video editor such as Pinnacle Studio or Cyberlink Director that can handle the .bvr Blue Iris file format. My surveillance camera was a witness to a recent neighborhood burglary and I would like to edit the recorded file to just the few seconds of pertinent video.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a video editor such as Pinnacle Studio or Cyberlink Director that can handle the .bvr Blue Iris file format. My surveillance camera was a witness to a recent neighborhood burglary and I would like to edit the recorded file to just the few seconds of pertinent video.
Welcome to the forum...you can set the start and end time when exporting the video..you can export to mp4 so that anyone can play it..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks very much. Very new to Blue Iris. A lot to learn.
No problem..let us know if you need instructions (note the version you are using bi3 or bi4)..
Also dont forget to export the file or at least save it before blue iris overwrites it with new data.

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
Can BI be set to auto export the clips to a folder? That would be awesome

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can BI be set to auto export the clips to a folder? That would be awesome
yes, see the clips and archiving tab..note that if you export bvr to mp4 blue iris can now do that without reencoding..if export to another format then you are defeating the purpose as it has to reencode.
4.2.5 - November 20, 2015

• When converting or exporting video, it is now possible to go from BVR to MP4 format without re-encoding, which will be faster and preserve video quality. It will also be possible to go from BVR to AVI WITH re-encoding and audio compression.

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
I see the convert/export feature at the bottom, just not sure how to configure it. Not very obvious. And it really doesn't cover it in the manual.

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
Ideally it would be nice to drop a mp4 of each clip once an hour, but just unclear how to do that

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ideally it would be nice to drop a mp4 of each clip once an hour, but just unclear how to do that
Set the new folder to limit clip age to 0 days 1 hour.
Then select move to stored and under that check convert to mp4 with no rencoding...this will transfer the file to the stored folder every hour...set combine and cut to off or less than an hour.
If you are doing this you might as well simply record to mp4...

USMC_Rob

n3wb
Reaction score
Ya your right, most likely best just to use mp4 in the first place. I view alerts via email, and the hard video is stored in my google drive account.

Thanks for the info.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya your right, most likely best just to use mp4 in the first place. I view alerts via email, and the hard video is stored in my google drive account.

Thanks for the info.
Note that BVR is more efficient and also allows you to review video before the clip is closed. You can still get your email alert in mp4 format. Im assuming the google drive is backup so there is really no need for mp4..

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mr Federman - is there any way that by default recorded videos in .bvr format can also be saved as .mp4 as a choice.
If so can you let me know step by step please.
Thanks Peter

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Inspector

By " also be saved as " you mean save in BVR and in MP4. So you will be saving the data twice.

Create a clone camera BI and set the file format to MP4. The clone camera does not use more network band width. But you are increasing the CPU utilization and disk activity.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Mr Federman - is there any way that by default recorded videos in .bvr format can also be saved as .mp4 as a choice.
If so can you let me know step by step please.
Thanks Peter
you can automatically covert them but it eats up cpu for no reason. Why not keep it bvr?

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
wanted to import it into my video editing Program - that's all as it wont accept .bvr - I cant find a converter from .bvr to mpeg any where on the net - any ideas ?

inspector

n3wb
Reaction score
could not find any relevant help inBI re exporting or saving clips in an mprg format - can you direct me please

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
could not find any relevant help inBI re exporting or saving clips in an mprg format - can you direct me please
you dont need the help file, when you export a clip it give you all the options you need.