CA Cops Search Home After Man Applies for “AW” Registry (Video)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.. and so it begins...

CA Cops Search Home After Man Applies for “AW” Registry (Video)
The Civil Rights Lawyer

California cops execute a search warrant on a family’s home after the dad tries to register an AR lower with the CA “AW” registration scheme. He films them. This is a preview of coming attractions, in case you were wondering about the merits of registering things with Big Brother. *Ahem, braces......

Original Video:
thecivilrightslawyer.com

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There's got to be more to that story. The bloke doing the filming seems like a dick. Asks that the cops treat his wife and kids with respect and then basically goes lalalala I'm not listening to you every time the Cop tries to explain something.

When I heard the cop say we found what we wanted to inspect I did a bit of googling. According to this article I found residents in California have to have their registered assault weapons inspected every five years at least.

DOJ must conduct a yearly inspection – or every five years if the person to be inspected has fewer than five permitted devices – of every person to whom a permit is issued, for security and safe storage practices, and to reconcile the inventory of assault weapons.

I suspect this bloke refused to let them inspect his firearm on a voluntary basis so they got a warrant. It's not illegal to be a dick, but I'm sure these cops had something better to do that deal with someone making their life difficult for no apparent reason.

As an Australian you yanks sometimes come across as a bit paranoid. All of my firearms are registered and the safe gets inspected every now and again and the sky hasn't fallen.

Last edited:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
SyconsciousAu

This law is 100% illegal under the constitution of the USA, so even if the guy was being a dick, he's 100% in the right

• What is the Kasler v. Lockyer California Supreme Court decision and what does it do?
    This court decision upholds the constitutionality of the Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989. As a result, DOJ is obligated to enforce the statute with respect to identification of category 3 assault weapons (AK and AR-15 series weapons). These assault weapons are listed in the California Code of Regulations, title 11, section 5499.

I'm standing on the outside looking in here but your courts seem to say different. The first link I read said the same thing.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's got to be more to that story. The bloke doing the filming seems like a dick. Asks that the cops treat his wife and kids with respect and then basically goes lalalala I'm not listening to you every time the Cop tries to explain something.

When I heard the cop say we found what we wanted to inspect I did a bit of googling. According to this article I found residents in California have to have their registered assault weapons inspected every five years at least.

DOJ must conduct a yearly inspection – or every five years if the person to be inspected has fewer than five permitted devices – of every person to whom a permit is issued, for security and safe storage practices, and to reconcile the inventory of assault weapons.

I suspect this bloke refused to let them inspect his firearm on a voluntary basis so they got a warrant. It's not illegal to be a dick, but I'm sure these cops had something better to do that deal with someone making their life difficult for no apparent reason.

As an Australian you yanks sometimes come across as a bit paranoid. All of my firearms are registered and the safe gets inspected every now and again and the sky hasn't fallen.
FYI - the Giffords org is a very biased and anti-constitutional group.

California DOJ is also a biased anti-2A group... they're getting challenged, but each challenge costs money.

The State has unlimited resources to battle the citizens, and can increase taxes to continue to battle citizens.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
The Constitution trumps the California State Supreme Court

Their problem was that they are trying to follow already illegal laws, and hoping they get a good outcome. The fact the law is on the books to begin with shows the state has a clear intention of outlawing the firearms, how can you expect them to act fairly? You can't

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a Huge Exodus in Cali going on due to these outlandish laws and over taxation. Texas just got HP, Elon Musk and Oracle...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest fear living in Texas though is that these people come from CA and then vote for the same exact polies they fled

I plan to move to Wyoming some day
Yes, we already see our Metropolitan Areas/Cities voting Left for Communism...They just don't call it by its Real Name...

I may be in the Moving Truck right behind you...:)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The biggest fear living in Texas though is that these people come from CA and then vote for the same exact polies they fled
Sounds like a familiar definition of insanity (or plug in any negative trait here):
One who keeps repeating the same dumbass actions but expects a different outcome..... :banghead:

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just keep your fingers crossed, mate. :blankstare:
It's been nearly 25 years, I'm not concerned, we've got more firearms in circulation now than we did in 96 when Port Arthur kicked off. The downside of course is we pay through the nose for everything firearm related in Australia. I'm super jealous of your prices over there.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's been nearly 25 years, I'm not concerned, we've got more firearms in circulation now than we did in 96 when Port Arthur kicked off. The downside of course is we pay through the nose for everything firearm related in Australia. I'm super jealous of your prices over there.
Paying extra is a part of the methodology to restrict... and last I checked the Queen's good guards made knives illegal...

The Isle that compelled the Aussies to save them in WWI and WWII is doing the following:

1608947749960.png

Last I checked the The Queen is still your Sovereign for you in Australia.

Probably just a matter of time before these happy folk come down under...

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Paying extra is a part of the methodology to restrict..
Nah it's Australia tax. We pay more for everything.

The local gun shops are just taking the piss with their markups, and being a regulated market I can't just import myself from China like I do with CCTV gear. It's not impossible, you just have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get an import permit.

Last I checked the The Queen is still your Sovereign for you in Australia.

Probably just a matter of time before these happy folk come down under...
Lizzy is alright, and even though we are a constitutional monarchy, she has no real say in how things go down in Australia these days.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nah it's Australia tax. We pay more for everything.

The local gun shops are just taking the piss with their markups, and being a regulated market I can't just import myself from China like I do with CCTV gear. It's not impossible, you just have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get an import permit.

Lizzy is alright, and even though we are a constitutional monarchy, she has no real say in how things go down in Australia these days.
FYI - an example of the unconstitutional bs citizens in the USA fight against. ( note stuff like this happens in other countries also... and this is why a balance of power is needed between the citizens and those in government offices )

Counties sell properties for past taxes.. AND KEEP ALL of the proceeds, not just the amount for the tax.
( law passed in 1999 ... took 21 years until it was heard by the Supreme Court... which declared it unconstitutional ... )

Counties Refuse to Return Money Taken From Homeowners - Ep. 7.189

Counties in Michigan are being sued by homeowners after their homes were sold at tax foreclosure.

best comments
1608955655300.png

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a Huge Exodus in Cali going on due to these outlandish laws and over taxation. Texas just got HP, Elon Musk and Oracle...

So up go the taxes on average lower and middle class to make up the difference

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What it really needs to stop this, although I dare say some of you may say it's infringes your constitutional rights, and I respect that, is a UK style system of buying guns where you have to show your licence to buy a restricted gun or part (don't you have that already with moderators?) and your licence states what you can legally hold.

In the land of the free that would probably be only a requirement for those specific weapons or parts that are restricted or need to be registered, with everything else not requiring your licence.

If that doesn't make sense, let me explain. You want to legally own an AR style lower. It's a restricted part that requires licensing. So you apply to have that retsricted item added to your licence and can then buy the item as opposed to buying the item and then applying for the licence to possess it. If it's done the UK way around where you need the licence to buy it, it elimates the need for the police to "check" your home for the lower and whether it's properly secured or already assembled as you can't buy it until you have the authority to do so with the relevent endorsement to your licence.

I agree the police were heavy handed turning up mob handed like that. If that was a UK licensing check, a single plain clothes firearm office would come to your home alone to check your guns / arranagements and usually does so by appointment arranged in advance. The only time the police would raid you or turn up un-anounced would be if they have some evidence that you had or were using firearms illegally. eg. Someone reported you for misuse / illegal possession etc. We might be unarmed heathens in the UK, but at least some of our laws and processes make sense.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I support the cops, even in the big blue metro areas, it's usually the mayors and city councils in those areas that let their "big fish in a little pond" mentality take over.

Hell, why should we expect any sort of trust, fairness honesty or honor from enforcement once their superiors get a taste of their powers.....the cops in one state this past October raided a young student's home during COVID mandated Zoom-learning online at home because a teacher saw a BB guns on the wall in a student's home! :mad:

Boy, 9, suspended after teacher sees BB gun in his room during virtual class; family sues