Cam stop working after update

xWOLKx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I which doesn't work.

I dont know if it is chinese or american, I bought on amazon and has a white/red box with regular serial (only numbers).
On the box is writed: "SF version: V.5.3.8_151224".

I tried to update firmware to solve bug on motion detecting, after update webcam works good, but was impossible to access via web. It worked fine on Nas and with ONVIF Device Manager.

So I tried to do hard reset. After this, webcam stop working.

I read some topic on the forum and I downloaded TFTP, set my pc ip to 192.0.0.128, set poe switch to 192.0.0.2 and launched exe.
I tried many firmware who I can found on Europe website or USA ftp but noone works.
On TFTP I found a picture with all the steps that the software should show, I see all the steps except the last who says:
"Device [192.0.0.64] system update complete".
I tried to wait half an hour but without results.

Now if I launch SADP and it show the cam with basic IP 192.168.1.64 but doesnt work...

Have you got any ideas to help me?
Please consider that I'm not english so is a little difficult for me to search on the forum.

Thanks

xWOLKx

n3wb
Reaction score
I read the forum and found that the 4.0.8 indicates
The '4.0.8' in the SADP firmware version is an indication that the camera is in the 'min-system recovery mode'.
This is a basic system with no web services that's used when incompatible firmware has been loaded.
Ok, my cam was sell as International...but so where is the right firmware?
I dont understand :( :(

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is like the 3rd person today on this forum where someone upgraded their camera and messed it up. I dont understand why people are trying to upgrade the firmware. Your seeing tons of people messing up their cameras doing so. You would think they would get the hint... sorry I'm done bitching now .. maybe you could return it to Amazon if you can't figure it out,their good about returns

xWOLKx

n3wb
Reaction score
This is like the 3rd person today on this forum where someone upgraded their camera and messed it up. I dont understand why people are trying to upgrade the firmware. Your seeing tons of people messing up their cameras doing so. You would think they would get the hint... sorry I'm done bitching now .. maybe you could return it to Amazon if you can't figure it out,their good about returns
Thanks to this people I found this forum on google :)
So I dont remember who but he write here the truth...hikvision is the only one that brick its cam with an update who report right cam model...
I try because...usually they solved bugs and as I tell motion detect doesnt work and need it for alert :(