Cam1: No signal

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So set the router’s DHCP pool to .64 to .199?
That should be OK; allows over 130 IP's for DHCP devices and 53 for static devices.
If your were to have over 50 cams, printers, or other static devices you'd have to adjust the DHCP pool top end from .199 down some but only if you need more than 53.
Personally, I like using .200 and up for my static devices, it's easy to remember and I don't plan on needing more than that.

BTW, what is the DHCP pool at now?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI failed to connect. I believe I found my issue. The camera was set to DHCP. This is my 1st time seeing the checkbox.
Ah, that could do it if the cam is at one IP and BI is looking for a different IP.

I mentioned in my post #37 "...As long as that cam's .199 is OUTSIDE of the router's DHCP pool and it's set to static in the cam then all is well" but that was some time ago and you've been covering lots of ground so it's understandable.

Good catch...you've come a long way, my man! Fingers crossed that your find puts you in business! :cool:

Mikentosh2017

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, that could do it if the cam is at one IP and BI is looking for a different IP.

I mentioned in my post #37 "...As long as that cam's .199 is OUTSIDE of the router's DHCP pool and it's set to static in the cam then all is well" but that was some time ago and you've been covering lots of ground so it's understandable.

Good catch...you've come a long way, my man! Fingers crossed that your find puts you in business! :cool:
Yes, I do recall “static” being mentioned but couldn’t find it in the thread or in the software. Thanks everyone, for being patient with my noob questions.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, I do recall “static” being mentioned but couldn’t find it in the thread or in the software. Thanks everyone, for being patient with my noob questions.
Hey, I credit you for not throwing up your hands.

Look at it this way.....since Aug. 24th you have discovered how to change a PC's IP, how to log into a cam and change it's IP, make those IP's static and why, what DHCP and static means, what a DHCP pool is, what a gateway is, etc. :headbang: