Camera color changed "overnight" not sure what happened or what can be done

Bogus8

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have an "Enster" NST-IPH3362-A or EST depending if you believe the label or Enster's email (cheap Chinese camera) and last night it was beautiful (like it's been for a few years now), see attachment "Capture.png".

Then this morning I walk in and the magenta is out of control and I have like zero "black".

I've power cycled it, and put something in front of the lens to make it go into IR and back (even did that via software first) but no change.

2nd attachment (Capture2.png) is the same person wearing the same BLACK hoodie as the recording from yesterday!

Did my camera just shit the bed overnight or am I missing something?

Bogus

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the phone is still black, the keyboard is still black and it's next to the hoodie.
Certainly the hoodie looks a lot different.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, the phone is still black, the keyboard is still black and it's next to the hoodie.
Certainly the hoodie looks a lot different.
Hmmm... it's a purple hoodie (not black). And her hair is dyed.

Definitely some color differences, but it is not significant IMHO. Certainly is not preventing the viewer from "seeing" things

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like the same ring on the right hand. Maybe image 2 is older? Image 1 shows a red tips on the hair, the dye job grew out? I wonder what happened the hotronix heat press machine on the table behind her

Bogus8

n3wb
Reaction score
Bruh... this is 18 hours apart.

This is my wife sitting there in the same hoodie it is 100% black hoodie. I'm looking at it in person right now!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is it an analog (BNC connector) or IP camera (ethernet)?

If it is IP, you can try a factory reset or reboot and see if it comes back.

If it is analog, that is how they usually start failing showing magenta.

Bogus8

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it an analog (BNC connector) or IP camera (ethernet)?

If it is IP, you can try a factory reset or reboot and see if it comes back.

If it is analog, that is how they usually start failing showing magenta.
It's IP and I have power cycled it.

Bogus8

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a video rendering of my screen as I click through the day yesterday so you can see, it's the same person, they cleaned up the desk between the shots (she usually is out of town but has been home for a bit and couldn't stand that desk being so cluttered, no one normally sits there).

I'll upload it to youtube and post the link.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I had that color change happen to 1 of my "nightowl" Costco cams. It didn't like the Sun shining in its eye apparently.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
This looks like a troll piss take.

Look at the name: Bogus8

Then the fact the colours only changed on the hoodie and hair and the purple hair is underneath on the 1st shot. If it were a camera, cast with purple that strong, the white on the monitors would be colour cast purple.

Bogus8

n3wb
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious... does that kind of thing happen often where people spend that much time faking a post?

Here is the damn video of it. I mean, sure, I guess I could have faked this too but don't we think this is going a bit far for a "fake"?

Bogus8

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought the same... the most I have for manually toggling is IRSwap which does make a change but not a real one. If I cover it I hear the click of the IR filter but maybe that's just the mechanism and the filter is still stuck.

I did tap on it with my wallet, but nothing too violent.

This too was also my first thoughts as that's what those colors look like to me.