Camera Feed Dropping Out

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, trying to solve this problem. Having a problem with these camera feeds dropping out. I have currently 14 cameras and going to expand it to 20-24. Its not the wiring. I used the software that came with the cameras for 2-3 weeks and never experienced any dropouts etc. I believe its the ONVIF protocol. The problem is that my cameras don't show up as a choice to choose from. I just believe its the stream. The thing is, its not all the cameras that I have that drops. 4 out of 14 drop out and some more so than others..
here is the cameras that i am using. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N3Y4HS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Camera settings attached

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, trying to solve this problem. Having a problem with these camera feeds dropping out. I have currently 14 cameras and going to expand it to 20-24. Its not the wiring. I used the software that came with the cameras for 2-3 weeks and never experienced any dropouts etc. I believe its the ONVIF protocol. The problem is that my cameras don't show up as a choice to choose from. I just believe its the stream. The thing is, its not all the cameras that I have that drops. 4 out of 14 drop out and some more so than others..
here is the cameras that i am using. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N3Y4HS6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Camera settings attached
Try using one of the hikvision options.
It could very well be the wiring despite it working with the other software as the onvif/rtsp stream or blue iris could be more sensitive to lost packets. Test with a short premade cable

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
none of the Hikvision options works.. I'll try a continues ping to that camera thru command line and see if it ever loses connections.

gfaulk09

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So after your thoughts.. the cameras are definitely dropping out... I’ll inspect the cable. It’s actually the main cable to a switch. And it’s all 4 cameras on that switch now that I think about it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So after your thoughts.. the cameras are definitely dropping out... I’ll inspect the cable. It’s actually the main cable to a switch. And it’s all 4 cameras on that switch now that I think about it
If you made the cable yourself, did you use the 568B standard?