Camera is generating Intrusion Alarms but IVS is off

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a color-4KX that is generating alarms every few seconds on Dahua NVR, NVR608-32-4KS2. IVS under smart plan is unchecked and IVS is unchecked.

I can't figure out what would cause this behavior. Anyone seen this before?

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 5.38.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 5.35.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 5.42.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 5.40.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 5.40.41 AM.png

Attachments

Last edited:

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the assist.

SMD is not enabled. I rebooted the camera. I am not 100% sure what you mean by re-sync. Google wasn't very helpful but if you can explain it, I'll try it.

Screen Shot 2023-07-05 at 6.26.56 PM.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Many settings that are on the camera can also be set from the NVR. When you change a setting thats common on one and hit refresh, it synchs with the other. I've seen changes made on the camera revert to whats set on the NVR in some instances.

Some settings are only available on the camera, so its always best to make ALL setting changes on the camera, Save, and Refresh, pushing the settings back to the NVR. The only settings I do on the NVR are the recording schedule and NVR specific functions,

That said it is weird. I'd try setting Smart Plan to like People counting, save, refresh, reboot and see if it quits, Then change back.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some settings are only available on the camera, so its always best to make ALL setting changes on the camera, Save, and Refresh, pushing the settings back to the NVR. The only settings I do on the NVR are the recording schedule and NVR specific functions,
ok cool, that is exactly what I do. I make all my changes on the camera, not the NVR. I've been tinkering with it and I still can't figure out why it is triggering.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Alright, still throwing tons of alerts, most of these are outside the schedule I have set under IVS. Is this camera defective? This just started recently and it is triggering alarm out which is annoying because it is triggering the siren I have attached to the alarm_out wire.

Also, weird is that it doesn't trigger the alarm_out wire every time the alarm is generated. For example, it has been generating intrusion alerts all day but only once today at 18:27:34 did it actually trigger the alarm_out wire.

Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 7.57.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 7.58.49 PM.png

So question is do I need to set the schedule under Smart Plan to stop this?

Screen Shot 2023-07-08 at 7.59.40 PM.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Like I said previously, the first thing I'd do is set Smart plan to something else, like people counting, set a rule for that, save refresh, reboot both NVR and camera

If it stops then revert back to your IVS

I'd also take the alarm out of the equation, as in disconnect. You can go back and connect once it settles down.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Copy. Did all that. Even went a step further. I deleted the IVS rule completely. Then tried your other suggestions.

I thought it was fixed. It stopped generating alarms for about two days then I was sitting on my couch late afternoon today then all of a sudden the siren goes off.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Those intrusion alerts seem to be random hmmm... just doesnt make sense.

I'd probably try to flash the firmware, then factory default before I claimed defective...

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
copy, will do. Yeah brother this thing has got me baffled. I just redid everything we talked about and it stopped generating alarms again. Something is going on where it flips out and starts firing them off for no reason.

Regarding the firmware, should I reach out to Andy directly? I dont see a firmware update for the Color-4K listed. The last one I see is from 2021.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Had a similar problem with a bunch of IPC-T3241T-ZAS and a NVR4108HS-8P-4ks. Set up smart plan/IVS/tripwire/Human/Vehicle on all cams and SMD is stuck on motion alert with running man icon always being triggers when something non human or non vehicle moves. SMD is disabled in both cam web gui and NVR. Im thinking maybe the newest camera firmware from 2022 is not playing nice with NVR firmware from recent 2023 ??

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Device TypeIPC-Color4K-X-3.6MM
System VersionV2.840.0000000.1.R, Build Date: 2021-06-11

I think there was a newer version I tried but didnt like what it did to the image, so I reverted back to this

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Had a similar problem with a bunch of IPC-T3241T-ZAS and a NVR4108HS-8P-4ks. Set up smart plan/IVS/tripwire/Human/Vehicle on all cams and SMD is stuck on motion alert with running man icon always being triggers when something non human or non vehicle moves. SMD is disabled in both cam web gui and NVR. Im thinking maybe the newest camera firmware from 2022 is not playing nice with NVR firmware from recent 2023 ??
Hmmm dunno.
SMD was one of the first things I suggested. And it uses the full scene. You may be onto somthin
Maybe as a test tape a piece of paper over the lens for a day, walk around in front of it, see if it still alerts…

Last edited:

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm dunno.
SMD was one of the first things I suggested. And it uses the full scene. You may be into somthin
Maybe as a test tape a piece of paper over the lens for a day, walk around in front of it, see if it still alerts…
can try that. So your saying it may not even be motion, just a glitch?

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No it is definitely not activating on actual motion. Where the camera is located, there is no motion observed. It is in a backyard and there has been no people, foot traffic, etc.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Device TypeIPC-Color4K-X-3.6MM
System VersionV2.840.0000000.1.R, Build Date: 2021-06-11

I think there was a newer version I tried but didnt like what it did to the image, so I reverted back to this
Seems like I already have similarly dated firmware. Also what is weird is that this was working great until a few days ago. Nothing changed. Didn't change any settings. Didn't mess with it in any way. Just blasted the siren one morning at 5 am and it been a POS ever since.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you haven’t already, a factory default (using the web UI button) would be a good option, if that doesnt resolve then flashing even the same FW may chase the gremlins out.