Camera Keeps resetting it's own password

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just realized the UPnP was enabled by default on this fw. I thought it was disabled. I also thought "hik-connect" is what they called UPnP. I just logged into my IP address and was able to access that camera. I found the actual UPnP under network>basic settings>nat and unchecked it. No longer connecting it to it from my IP. Phew... lol

Last edited:

razorseal

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson

UPDATE - Technical error on my end. I will leave it here if anyone runs into the same problem like me... When I unplugged the camera, I unplugged it from the router thinking it'll reset the camera. I didn't think about the fact that the POE injector was still supplying power, so techncially I never power cycled the camera... that being said, remember to disconnect from the POE injector, and not the router! I pretty much cut the data to it, but not the power. lol... Works now!

So I just tried upgrading one of my cameras and sent the brick 2 via fw upgrade on web gui.
Logged into putty, did the whole thing, edited mdt and uploaded 5.4.5 and it showed successful.

I power cycled the camera and now on sadp it shows up as ds-2cd-min-system..

I figured it didn't work so I reset my ip back to 192.0.0.128 and tried to send brickv2fix via the hikvision tftp. I have it running.and power cycling the camera but it's not starting the process like it did with the last camera...

I see it on sadp with 192.0.0.64 and "min system" so I'm not sure what to do. Suggestions? Camera is for my backyard and is like 30 feet up by the roofline too. Lol

I can connect to it via putty though...

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can connect to the camera using telnet (putty) and it's running in the min-system recovery mode you can use the update command to initiate firmware download and install.