Camera recommendations

cornholio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So for external I'm pretty set on getting a version of this with Auto Tracking. Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN). Does anyone know if this has two way audio?

For internal cameras I'm impressed with how many great reviews on this forum this one has Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z). But I want to get something that can pan-tilt electronically. This one doesn't look like it can do that. Or can it? What about 2 way audio?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
So for external I'm pretty set on getting a version of this with Auto Tracking. Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN). Does anyone know if this has two way audio?

For internal cameras I'm impressed with how many great reviews on this forum this one has Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z). But I want to get something that can pan-tilt electronically. This one doesn't look like it can do that. Or can it? What about 2 way audio?

You gonna talk to people from a ptz?

cornholio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You gonna talk to people from a ptz?
Well yea... Why not?

Oh this is a nice one too. Thanks for that link!

Decent PTZ cameras get pretty expensive.
I actually don't mind spending the $300-600 for a nice outdoor camera.

Any word on whether that turret (Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)) can do PTZ remotely? I'm assuming this one can IPC-HDBW5431R-Z | Dahua Technology

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I actually don't mind spending the $300-600 for a nice outdoor camera.

Any word on whether that turret (Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)) can do PTZ remotely? I'm assuming this one can IPC-HDBW5431R-Z | Dahua Technology
Neither of these are PTZ. They simply have a motorized lense so you can set the field of view you want remotely. They are intended to be setup, then left alone. Unless you move the camera location. Read the spec sheets on 'em.

cornholio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Neither of these are PTZ. They simply have a motorized lense so you can set the field of view you want remotely. They are intended to be setup, then left alone. Unless you move the camera location. Read the spec sheets on 'em.
Oh my bad. I'm still looking for a PTZ indoors then. IR, Varifocal, PTZ and at least one way audio. Preferably the same picture quality as the Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z). Can't seem to find one with that filter in this list Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

cornholio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ptz inside the house, -1,000 WAF
Haha! The other choice was hdw5231r-z which is not PTZ. The varifocal feature is lost on me for indoor. My wife says that if I am to get a camera indoors then it makes more sense for it to have PTZ than to have a varifocal. I kinda agree with her. I'd love to have a camera that was an acceptable compromise between looks and performance. I hear domes are bad choices.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Haha! The other choice was hdw5231r-z which is not PTZ. The varifocal feature is lost on me for indoor. My wife says that if I am to get a camera indoors then it makes more sense for it to have PTZ than to have a varifocal. I kinda agree with her. I'd love to have a camera that was an acceptable compromise between looks and performance. I hear domes are bad choices.
I'd love to have ptz's everywhere, haven't run it by the wife yet, haha.