Camera resetting every minute and my license disappeared

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. In the last couple of days I've been having trouble with my Amcrest outdoor camera and now I just launched BI and my license is gone. I bought the full $60 version only 2-3 months ago on Amazon.

As far a the camera goes, it's been constantly re-tripping itself every minute. When it comes back online, the seconds on the display freezes for about 20 seconds and then the image below appears for another 20-30 seconds and finally the color bars come up. Wash, rinse and repeat.

I tried to do some research on the forums and came across sort of a similar issue with a Hikvision camera and people were saying it might be the ethernet cable and the fact that it may not have been re-crimped correctly. Well I had to put a new connector on my cable as I had to run it through a wall and behind a kitchen cabinet. To rule that out, I ran another 35ft cable that had never been cut so I connected that to the camera and the other side into my injector but still have the same problem.

On top of that, it seems to be an intermittent issue as sometimes motion triggers are recorded for long periods of time. If it helps in the diagnosis, in the last week or so, I've also noticed sporadic one frame black glitches in the live video feed.

As far as the license, it was fine last night and I just tried to type in my registration code located inside the DVD case but it's not working.

New Cable.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. In the last couple of days I've been having trouble with my Amcrest outdoor camera and now I just launched BI and my license is gone. I bought the full $60 version only 2-3 months ago on Amazon.

As far a the camera goes, it's been constantly re-tripping itself every minute. When it comes back online, the seconds on the display freezes for about 20 seconds and then the image below appears for another 20-30 seconds and finally the color bars come up. Wash, rinse and repeat.

I tried to do some research on the forums and came across sort of a similar issue with a Hikvision camera and people were saying it might be the ethernet cable and the fact that it may not have been re-crimped correctly. Well I had to put a new connector on my cable as I had to run it through a wall and behind a kitchen cabinet. To rule that out, I ran another 35ft cable that had never been cut so I connected that to the camera and the other side into my injector but still have the same problem.

On top of that, it seems to be an intermittent issue as sometimes motion triggers are recorded for long periods of time. If it helps in the diagnosis, in the last week or so, I've also noticed sporadic one frame black glitches in the live video feed.

As far as the license, it was fine last night and I just tried to type in my registration code located inside the DVD case but it's not working.

View attachment 23917
When you buy from amazon you always risk that the reseller sold the same key twice...who was the seller? always buy from the blue iris website. Email the seller and BI support.
as far as the cam, take it down and test with a short cable.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I wired to the 568B but even the cable I bought from Cable Matters was producing the same result. Also I forgot to mention that within the same time of this issue, the camera has been having trouble sometimes turning NV on at night. When I try to for it on through BI, it doesn't respond like it normally would. All settings are on default within the Amcrest camera setup so it's nothing I've tinkered with. Bad camera maybe? I just pulled the camera down and have it in my kitchen on a 5 foot cable but I can't check it until I get the BI software license figured out because it won't even launch in demo mode. I'l contact the seller now. I'll post back when something changes. Btw, my indoor Amcrest camera is performing fine. Only difference between the two setups is the indoor is wireless and not POE like the outdoor camera is. Thanks for trying to help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I wired to the 568B but even the cable I bought from Cable Matters was producing the same result. Also I forgot to mention that within the same time of this issue, the camera has been having trouble sometimes turning NV on at night. When I try to for it on through BI, it doesn't respond like it normally would. All settings are on default within the Amcrest camera setup so it's nothing I've tinkered with. Bad camera maybe? I just pulled the camera down and have it in my kitchen on a 5 foot cable but I can't check it until I get the BI software license figured out because it won't even launch in demo mode. I'l contact the seller now. I'll post back when something changes. Btw, my indoor Amcrest camera is performing fine. Only difference between the two setups is the indoor is wireless and not POE like the outdoor camera is. Thanks for trying to help.
you dont need BI to check the camera...you camera issues have nothing to do with bi...just log into the camera web interface..

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you dont need BI to check the camera...you camera issues have nothing to do with bi...just log into the camera web interface..
I can't. I have Windows 10 and no matter how many attempts I try to install the web plugin, I still get the exception that the plugin needs to be installed. What research I did on this was that it was a windows 10 problem. I've tried this on Firefox, Chrome and IE.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't. I have Windows 10 and no matter how many attempts I try to install the web plugin, I still get the exception that the plugin needs to be installed. What research I did on this was that it was a windows 10 problem. I've tried this on Firefox, Chrome and IE.
you need to use IE..not edge or chrome...you are likely using edge - IE is installed on w10, type it in the search box...there are other browsers that work as well - search for those threads

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First off, your forum handle needs to be Mr. KnowItAll:). Okay so I found Internet Explorer and didn't know Edge was on by default so thanks for that. Now, within the Amcrest camera interface, the camera seems fine on both the short cable and the long self-crimped one I originally ran. No black flickers, no frozen images, resets or IP port errors. I can't check it against BI until the license issue clears so I guess for now, this is all I can do.

Weather_Junkie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick update. I'm still waiting to hear back from Amcrest about my license key and because I'm without Blue Iris right now, I've been monitoring my cameras with either the camera web interface or Amcrest View Pro app and have not had one issue no matter how long I stare at the feed. So is it possible that either Blue Iris got wonky on me in the latest version I downloaded or possibly a settings issue between BI and the Amcrest Camera Web Interface?