Camera Selection - Pole Mount

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a camera to be deployed and connected into my existing Blue Iris setup. I'm looking for a PoE camera that will be mounted up 8'-10' on a pole. The camera would look to cover an area up to 100ft away from the camera. Night vision would be very important....and it would be great to get a wide view as close to 180 degrees if possible (not sure if that's realistic).

Looking for recommendations.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a recommendation for a camera to be deployed and connected into my existing Blue Iris setup. I'm looking for a PoE camera that will be mounted up 8'-10' on a pole. The camera would look to cover an area up to 100ft away from the camera. Night vision would be very important....and it would be great to get a wide view as close to 180 degrees if possible (not sure if that's realistic).

Looking for recommendations.
Welcome @jeffreyca84

What you need is something like this one, except only 180 degrees...

PSDW81642M-A360
8x2MP Multi-Sensor Panoramic Network Camera+PTZ Camera

Panoramic: Eight 1/1.8'' 2 Megapixel progressive scan CMOS
PTZ: One 1/1.8'' 4 Megapixel progressive scan CMOS
Support 360-degree panoramic view
Starlight technology
H.265/H.264 triple-stream encoding
Day/Night (ICR); 3D DNR; AWB; AGC; BLC
IR distance up to 400 m
Smart tracking
Tripwire
Intrusion
Crowd map
1583972983559.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a feeling that unit is probably out of my price range.
Hi @jeffreyca84

Ah.. then you're probably going to need to compromise your requirements a little bit.

"The camera would look to cover an area up to 100ft away from the camera. Night vision would be very important....and it would be great to get a wide view as close to 180 degrees if possible (not sure if that's realistic). "

See the DORI info in the cliff notes, they should be useful to help you get a better idea of what is possible.