Camera suggestions for front and side of house

leggomy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I know what I want to do for the back and the other side of the house not shown, but not 100% sure what cameras I should get and where to place. This is a render as house is being built but I will be prewiring for cams in a couple weeks so finalizing. I planned on going with a bunch of 5442s but I kind of want to add a PZT like the SD4A425DB-HNY. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, house will be a corner lot .

1680799169893.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I know what I want to do for the back and the other side of the house not shown, but not 100% sure what cameras I should get and where to place. This is a render as house is being built but I will be prewiring for cams in a couple weeks so finalizing. I planned on going with a bunch of 5442s but I kind of want to add a PZT like the SD4A425DB-HNY. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, house will be a corner lot .

View attachment 159269
Welcome @leggomy

More important is the cabling to the appropriate locations, and running extra cables during the build out.
With well done runs to good positions you have more options available.

Have you marked positions for consideration ?

leggomy

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome @leggomy

More important is the cabling to the appropriate locations, and running extra cables during the build out.
With well done runs to good positions you have more options available.

Have you marked positions for consideration ?
That is part of why I am trying to figure out where to wire. My builder is giving me 3 days to get all my LV wiring done on my own. I just need to figure out a plan of where and what to wire for.
I was planning on 2 at the garage side, one at the front door along with a doorbell cam, and 2 on the right corner for front/side. The PTZ intrigues me though so I want to integrate that but just trying to figure out where/and how. The sides you cant see I have a good idea of what I want, I am thinking a good mix of 5442s but not sure if that is the best route or not.

I already have an extra computer running an i7 8700 that will power BI.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have not, can you point my in the right direction?

and check out @Wildcat_1 he doe’s great job on in depth testing Dahua 180 camera and others

you can also contact Andy with EmpireTek. He has great cameras and discounts.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is part of why I am trying to figure out where to wire. My builder is giving me 3 days to get all my LV wiring done on my own. I just need to figure out a plan of where and what to wire for.
I was planning on 2 at the garage side, one at the front door along with a doorbell cam, and 2 on the right corner for front/side. The PTZ intrigues me though so I want to integrate that but just trying to figure out where/and how. The sides you cant see I have a good idea of what I want, I am thinking a good mix of 5442s but not sure if that is the best route or not.

I already have an extra computer running an i7 8700 that will power BI.
over wire while it is affordable ( before the walls go up ) .. see the cliff notes .. feel free to post idea on your drawing here to get an idea ..

update:
Post the layout, and various rendering images of the house / property.

Mark locations you think you may want cameras, and share it here ( or in a new thread ) and ask for feed back ..

DO over cable OR run conduits the keep areas while you can do so cheaply.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is more or less what I was thinking, I was wondering if there was a way to integrate a PZT into it of if it is even necessary.
Note, as you are on a corner I would plan for more cameras on the sides of the house which is facing the streets ..

I want anyone approaching a door or window to have walked through at least 2 camera zones ..

Sammyf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would also run cables or conduits to front of the house, closer to the road, maybe even in all sides. This way you can add cameras looking back at your house or LPRs (license plate reader) later. It’s nice to see anyone approaching the house, but adding the view from direction of leaving the house is even nicer (more cams is better lol).