Camera Suggestions

Reaction score
Hey Guys - I've been lurking on the forum for a while and have some questions for you.

I'm working on a 6 story building and looking to replace two cameras.

1 Camera location is on the roof of the 6th floor over looking a large parking lot.
1 Camera location in on the roof of the 5th floor also looking over the parking lot.

What do you suggest? I was looking at the Dahua Starlight cameras but I'm not too sure.

The DVR is a Hikvision 9016HQHI-SH - it is compatible with some IP cameras and I also have a 24 port PoE switch installed. I'm not sure if the Dahua camera's will work.

I have a couple Hikvision IP Cameras (that I installed) and i3 international and Annexxus and Axis IP cameras (previously installed)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Guys - I've been lurking on the forum for a while and have some questions for you.

I'm working on a 6 story building and looking to replace two cameras.

1 Camera location is on the roof of the 6th floor over looking a large parking lot.
1 Camera location in on the roof of the 5th floor also looking over the parking lot.

What do you suggest? I was looking at the Dahua Starlight cameras but I'm not too sure.

The DVR is a Hikvision 9016HQHI-SH - it is compatible with some IP cameras and I also have a 24 port PoE switch installed. I'm not sure if the Dahua camera's will work.

I have a couple Hikvision IP Cameras (that I installed) and i3 international and Annexxus and Axis IP cameras (previously installed)
Welcome @ZeuxTheGreat

5, 6th floor mount location to cover the parking lot. Seems a bit high to be useful for ID purposes. Are you looking at counting empty / occupied parking spaces?

Reaction score
Welcome @ZeuxTheGreat

5, 6th floor mount location to cover the parking lot. Seems a bit high to be useful for ID purposes. Are you looking at counting empty / occupied parking spaces?
It's more or less an overview to see snow accumulation, if the parking lot has been plowed, occupancy and to see if Emergency Service has entered the premises.
ID purposes aren't needed.

I personally would have not installed them where they are located but that is where they want them to stay. The cameras up there are from 1998...Panasonic WV-CP244

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's more or less an overview to see snow accumulation, if the parking lot has been plowed, occupancy and to see if Emergency Service has entered the premises.
ID purposes aren't needed.

I personally would have not installed them where they are located but that is where they want them to stay. The cameras up there are from 1998...Panasonic WV-CP244
Hi @ZeuxTheGreat

According to the Hikvision website the specs for the DVR are:
  • Tribrid Input HD-TVI, Analog, and IP Cameras (Up to 6 MP)
  • H.264
  • Up to 6 MP resolution

I believe the IPcamtalk cameras are Hikvision OEM models - so I would consider one of those to be an IP cameras for the DVR.