Camera's like Nest IQ?

Bored28

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any cameras like the Nest outdoor IQ cam that will zoom in on detected motion? Or could a software do that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

Are there any cameras like the Nest outdoor IQ cam that will zoom in on detected motion? Or could a software do that?
nest iq does not perform optical zoom, so its completely useless...you can zoom in with every vms or nvr after the fact and achieve the exact same result.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

Welcome Bored28,

Nest IQ states they have a 4K / 8MP sensor and only captures a 1080p section ( 1/4 of the total possible ) based on "detected something or another".

I would suggest if you want a 4K camera, to actually get a good IP PoE 4K camera and record ALL of the data, not just 1/4 of it.

Both Dahua and Hikvision have some quality 4K cameras.

Bored28

n3wb
Reaction score
I wasn't worried about the 4k part. It was the auto tracking that had my interest. I found some by hikvision. They just cost a mint. lol

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't worried about the 4k part. It was the auto tracking that had my interest. I found some by hikvision. They just cost a mint. lol
HI Bored28,

There's some nice advanced features in some of the higher end cameras, as well as the VMS products.

At $350 for a Nest outdoor IQ, I think you can find a really nice PoE Dahua OEM or Hikvision OEM camera that will be superior at that price neighborhood.

Bored28

n3wb
Reaction score
I was never interested in buying the Nest cam (way over priced) just it's features. I will probably pick up some hikvision cams around $100 - 150.