Cameras suddenly turn-off

cruing

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got 7 Hikvision Cameras connected to the LAN of my company (see image).
Some camera suddenly turn-off in a random way, i.e. this morning I can't see 3 cameras on SADP and I can't ping them (but the leds on the cameras are on).
If I unplug and plug the power supply on the cameras they come back online.

What could be the problem?

Thank you very much

Attachments

cruing

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply!
The guy who installed the first camera told me to change the HTTP port, I don't know why.... However, I will change the HTTP port to default and see what happens...
Thanks!

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The guy who installed the first camera told me to change the HTTP port, I don't know why..
Are the cameras exposed to the internet individually ?. I wonder if the installer did that to allow port forwarding to each of the cameras using a separate port ? (which is not recommended!)

cruing

n3wb
Reaction score
Are the cameras exposed to the internet individually ?. I wonder if the installer did that to allow port forwarding to each of the cameras using a separate port ? (which is not recommended!)
Yes, they are exposed to the internet individually

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should also consider temperature related problems. They cause instability to the connection of the camera to the network although the camera is powered properly and in many cases the camera internally works fine. I have a few cameras which have this problem and the camera internal SD card never stopped recording, only the network of the camera to the NVR is stopped. It may be attributed to temperature instability of some Ethernet components .

cruing

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately bad news: I changed the HTTP port number of the 3 cameras that often I can't find on SADP but, after one day, few minutes ago one of them (192.168.50.19) disappeared from SADP.
After a cold boot now it is online again. In attachment the configuration of the camera.
Got any other ideas?

Attachments