Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.

tmushy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you had an idea why this is happening.

Id like to thank you for the great hack. I was able to upgrade 3 out of my 4 cameras to 5.4.5. I had an issue on my last camera

The 3 successful ones are all DS-2CD2232-I5

The failed one is DS-2CD2032-i20

I did the hack and bricked the unit. I was able to get it back using the downgrade tool. I thought I may have messed up my checksum so I redid the hack from my original backup. The unit bricked again
Is there another file I should be editing? I only did the enhanced mtdblock6 hack. I did not edit any other mtdblock

I would greatly appreciate any advice

ANSWERED MY OWN QUESTION IF ANYONE ELSE IS HAVING ISSUES.
You will need to change mtdblock1

Check bytes at 0x0C and 0x8000C in mtdblock1, if they are 0 change them to 2.

I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware after doing this.

Last edited:

Rinat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
i haв upgraded 2 cameras. Thank you very much.
But there is one more 2CD2432F-IW
It has 5.3.0 firmware.
I had upgraded it to 5.4.5 chinese and now i can use it web inteface only on chinese.
But i coud not update it to any firmware from "brickfix540". TFTP do not see it. It writes: 192.0.0.128 is recognized. And it's all!
Can somebody help me to improve it please?
Thanks in advance!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
TFTP do not see it. It writes: 192.0.0.128 is recognized. And it's all!
You will certainly need this to work if you want to do the downgrade and 'enhanced mtd hack' to convert to English.

Suggestions to check:
Ensure the PC and camera are wired, not WiFi.
Check the Windows firewall 'Inbound allow rules' exist for the tftpserve.exe program.
If the PC is Windows 10, see if you can try with a Windows 7 PC.
Make sure the firmware file has been renamed as digicap.dav and is in the same folder as tftpserve.exe
Try setting the PC IP address to 192.168.1.128 to see if that makes any difference.

Tsarsky

n3wb
Reaction score
@Rinat , нужно камеру прошить на 5.4.0 английскую или поменять язык на 2 с помощью утилиты.

Rinat

n3wb
Reaction score
You will certainly need this to work if you want to do the downgrade and 'enhanced mtd hack' to convert to English.

Suggestions to check:
Ensure the PC and camera are wired, not WiFi.
Check the Windows firewall 'Inbound allow rules' exist for the tftpserve.exe program.
If the PC is Windows 10, see if you can try with a Windows 7 PC.
Make sure the firmware file has been renamed as digicap.dav and is in the same folder as tftpserve.exe
Try setting the PC IP address to 192.168.1.128 to see if that makes any difference.
Thanks. I will try it.
@Rinat , нужно камеру прошить на 5.4.0 английскую или поменять язык на 2 с помощью утилиты
да. я знаю. я уже 2 камеры так исправил.
Осталось еще 1-ну. Но ее tftp не видит.

Rinat

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tryed to upgrade another cam - the tftp server found it instantly. But tftp could not find this cam(((. I can connect to it in the browser, but not by the tftp server(((

Rinat

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tryed - nothing has changed!(
What ip adress should has the camera? I have reseted it and activated. IP adress is by DHCP. In browser the camera allow upgrade only on this firmware "IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.4.5_170123".

ovel2clock

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2332-I that I stupidly tried to upgrade from Hikvision's site. The instructions said to first upgrade to V5.4.41 build 170310 first, which I did via the web interface. It applied successfully, but now the web interface shows : firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib and I can't do anything. I can see the camera via BlueIris still, so it's not fully bricked.

However I can't access anything. SSH and telnet port are not responding. I've tried TFPD and the server never receives anything. Please help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SSH and telnet port are not responding.
No telnet, and SSH is filtered out, and even if the filter is flushed, you only gain access to 'psh' which does not allow anything useful.

With the 5.4.41 firmware already tried, there will now be a downgrade block.
To get back to a working web GUI, then make it updateable, you need to downgrade to earlier firmware.

The normal method that should work would be using the tftp updater.
But - as the camera is only part-bricked, and you should still know the password, you should be able to apply the 'brick-fix tool' via the Batch Configuration Tool from here : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.
After this has booted once, you will need to apply the '5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' via the tftp updater tool.
The usual requirements for this are :
PC IP address 192.0.0.128
Wired connections for both camera and PC.
Clicked 'OK' to the Windows pop-up when the tftpserve.exe is first run, to create the Windows firewall inbound allow rules.
And Win10 can be a bit variable with the tftp updater.

ovel2clock

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response alastairstevenson! I was able to at least connect to the camera with the batch tool, but was unable to flash either the CN or EN brick fix tool. It tells me language mismatch.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
unable to flash either the CN or EN brick fix tool. It tells me language mismatch.
Well that makes no sense - one of them should work!

You need to figure out how to get the tftp updater going. It's normally very straightforward, but some people have seen problems under Windows 10.

ovel2clock

n3wb
Reaction score
Does the tftp client kick off first during bootup? Or is it constantly trying to connect? Since the firmware does boot up, I'm getting a real IP address via DHCP.

I tried to flash it with the real CN firmware and got the web to at least pull up. All in CN however....

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the tftp client kick off first during bootup?
It sets an IP address as defined in the bootloader environment (usually 192.0.0.64) then it does a network probe against 192.0.0.128 for the tftp updater a couple of seconds after power on, and only waits for responses for a second or so before it proceeds to try the kernel boot.
The kernel boot uses an IP address as per the camera configuration.

What you have now in the camera is a mixed configuration.
A camera is signature marked as CN language with an EN/ML firmware running. Normally that would fully brick, but a part brick is also possible.
Usually it's easy enough fixed with a downgrade via the tftp updater, then a 'convert to English mtd hack', then do the updates.

Fotis

n3wb
Reaction score
So, having an DS-2CD2032-I camera with firmware 5.2.5 (Chinese) is finally possible to update it?

ex-r-wagon

n3wb
Reaction score
Successfully upgraded a DS-2CD3132F-IW chinese camaera (with hacked English firmware at V5.3.0 and label on camera at V5.3.0) to V5.4.5 using the steps here and the steps for V5.3.0 to v5.2.5 downgrade. Worked exactly as described. The only real problem I had was at some point I couldn't "see" the NAS I created on the PC from the camera. Removing the "Share" on the PC and then reinstating the "Share" fixed that problem. After doing the downgrade to V5.2.5 and doing the "enhanced mtd hack" I was able to update the firmware in steps from V5.3.0 to V5.4.5 thru the GUI. Thanks for your great work.

Todely

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I successfully mod all files and reboot cam, but now which firmware i have to use to upgrade ? english firmware from HIK US or HIK EU or HIK Chine ?

Thanks for this post and all contributor !

Edit: find link on old page

Last edited: