Can Blue Iris re-broadcast camera stream?

susu03mat

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like a setup wherein I have Blue Iris on a low power PC with lots of storage that is hidden away in some closet, and it just does direct-to-disc of all video with no motion analysis. I would like the Blue Iris on this PC to somehow re-publish the raw streams from my cameras (not re-encode or process - just duplicate the data stream from the camera, byte for byte) so that another instance of Blue Iris can be pointed at these streams and get the same raw data that the first PC sees. This second instance would be a much higher power PC with motion analysis, etc.; and would be the workstation I see and fiddle with on a daily basis.

Can Blue Iris be configured in this way, to act as sort of a "repeater"?

I'm familiar with the /h264 URLs, but some of my cameras are /h265 and either way, I don't want the re-encoding of the video. I just want the raw stream bytes repeated.

susu03mat

n3wb
Reaction score
My cameras aren't stable pushing two streams, it causes them to crash every few weeks.

If the first bi fails, then it immediately becomes obvious at the second bi (the one that is actually hooked to a monitor that I would see on a daily basis when I checked the motion events) because the second bi wouldn't have any feeds, so I'd know very quickly if the first bi failed. I actually see that as a positive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My cameras aren't stable pushing two streams, it causes them to crash every few weeks.

If the first bi fails, then it immediately becomes obvious at the second bi (the one that is actually hooked to a monitor that I would see on a daily basis when I checked the motion events) because the second bi wouldn't have any feeds, so I'd know very quickly if the first bi failed. I actually see that as a positive.
See if your cameras support multicast.
Only the cheapest china junk cameras cannot support 2 streams. What is your total load? resolution and frame rates? dedicate a pc to blue iris. Most setups can run on a 100 dollar i5-3570 based system.