Cannot access Hikvision Cameras

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have 2 cameras which i can see using the SADPtool but I'm unable to access either of them through my browser.

This my current ipconfig from my pc I'm trying to access the cameras on.

The cameras are visible in my router.

Im typing 192.168.1.131:81 into my browser but it fails to load anything.

I've tried changing ports, everything but the changes don't seem to stick? I am out of options trying to access these cameras. Any ideas how i can do it? They are Hikvision DS-2CD2332 cameras.

Thank you.

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m no expert but I only use Internet Explorer to access my cameras. A lot of newer browsers seem to complain or refuse to connect due to tighter security rules. Have you successfully accessed these cameras in the past?

It might also be useful to try to ‘ping’ the cameras IP from a CMD prompt to see if they respond.

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank for your replies. Yes i am typing 192.168.1.131:81, the browser when it fails doesn't show i typed the port. Yes these cameras were working perfectly even this morning. I bought a new router today and just plugged them in and now cannot connect to them. I have tried using internet explorer but the same thing happens. I have been trying for 6 hours, I'm totally out of ideas :sleepy:

I tried to ping both but get nothing...

So strange, that's the ip that is in my router.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What is the IP address of the computer you are trying to access them from? Same 192.168.1.x

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, it is 192.168.1.101. I'm trying wirelessly from my phone also to no avail.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any chance you could connect the camera direct to the pc and see if you can access it direct? Just so we can see a connection via pc and camera. If the pc and camera are on the same ip range can't see a reason why they shouldn't connect. No ip address classes is there with other devices?

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll
Any chance you could connect the camera direct to the pc and see if you can access it direct? Just so we can see a connection via pc and camera. If the pc and camera are on the same ip range can't see a reason why they shouldn't connect. No ip address classes is there with other devices?
II'l have to try tomorrow as it's almost 11:30pm and they are outside. I power them with PoE so I don't think I can plug the direct into my pc? I'll bring it inside tomorrow and go direct from the camera to the PoE switch and plug my pc into that switch?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried changing ports, everything but the changes don't seem to stick?
Most likely due to lack of plugin in the browser.
You should be able to do detailed configuration with the Batch Configuration Tool : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Did you have any IP address filters set up on the cameras?

Suggestion to try before taking them down :
Using SADP or the Batch Configuration Tool, set the HTTP port back to it's default of 80 and see if that makes any difference.
Change the PC IP address slightly and see if that makes any difference.

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most likely due to lack of plugin in the browser.
You should be able to do detailed configuration with the Batch Configuration Tool : Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Did you have any IP address filters set up on the cameras?

Suggestion to try before taking them down :
Using SADP or the Batch Configuration Tool, set the HTTP port back to it's default of 80 and see if that makes any difference.
Change the PC IP address slightly and see if that makes any difference.
I got the batch config tool and it too sees the cameras but still can't login. I put both cameras to port 80.

I changed my pc ip to 192.168.1.174 which was just a random number i picked. I'm completely baffled and at my wits end!

Here is a pic of the DHCP setup of my router.

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have you tried log into camera with internet explorer go to tools compatibility view settings add ip address of camera then refresh page

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still no deal. I have nothing left to try. I might take it to a friends house and see if they can at least detect the fucking thing.

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try lowering internet explore security settings and check active x downloads are set to prompt or enable

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Still cannot access :(
This is very odd. We're missing something obvious, but not clear what.

Another suggestion, if you're willing to try:
Download / install ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Give ODM the correct logon credentials, top left of the window.
It will automatically find any ONVIF devices on the same network range as the PC.
It should show Live Video, and the Web page and loads of other info.

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is very odd. We're missing something obvious, but not clear what.

Another suggestion, if you're willing to try:
Download / install ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Give ODM the correct logon credentials, top left of the window.
It will automatically find any ONVIF devices on the same network range as the PC.
It should show Live Video, and the Web page and loads of other info.
So just enter the user/pass and hit login and that's it? Don't have to add/enter anything else?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So just enter the user/pass and hit login and that's it? Don't have to add/enter anything else?
ODM will find ONVIF devices, such as those Hikvision cameras, automatically.
The username/password is needed for when it queries the device for some of the information it can show, for example if you click the Live Video page.

riluxg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if you have chrome try logging in with chrome it will display log in page but you wont be able to log on to camera
this might give some clue wether it is a network problem or an internet explorer problem

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is one strange fault and as @alastairstevenson said "We are missing the obvious" And this is where it become strange as we've tried the all the obvious things!
As you said in your OP it worked fine on your old router then you installed a new one and it's never worked since.
Would it be possible to swap back to the original as everything worked fine on that one so we can definitely rule out anything that may have happened to the cameras since the change.
If it works fine we can concentrate on fault finding the new router. If it doesn't we can look at to what has affected the previously working cameras.