Cannot access Hikvision Cameras

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dammit, i just plugged in my old router and and I can't get the thing detected either. It shows up the same in SADPtool but again the ip in the browser does nothing. The only difference in the 2 was my old router ip was 192.168.0.1, and the range was 192.168.0.2-99 and new one is 192.168.1.1 with a range 192.168.1.100-199. Still, super weird I can't get it to work on my old router either. I just can't figure it out...

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So your PC and cameras are now both on the same IP range 192.168.0.x for both or 192.168.1.x for both.. And you still can't access via web browser but can see them fine on SADPtool?
Long shot there but were there any port forwarding or UPNP switched on for these cameras? As like I said a long shot but could they now have been hacked? As nothing else makes sense.

You've switched back to your original working setup and you are unable to access your cameras by web browser. Not sure if @alastairstevenson can help with trying to examine the boot loader of the cameras as they are obviously part working as they are reporting ip addresses.

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes my cameras and PC are both on 192.168.1.x now. I can change the network info via the SADPtool but they still cannot be accessed via browser. Yes the ports they were on, on my old router (81 and 82) were both forwarded to be accessed externally. They had been hacked once before about 6 months ago but I managed to get them back with the reset password tool. I don't think i can update the fw as they are imports from China. Thank you for your replies and help mate, i appreciate it.

Current details

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, i came accross this guy who has an identical issue - Unable to connect to HikVision DS-2CD2132-I

He stated he fixed it by getting them on the same subnets, i don't exactly understand how to check if mine are or not. Any ideas? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Still, super weird I can't get it to work on my old router either. I just can't figure it out...
Neither can we!

I'm swinging from 'it's not a camera issue, it's a network issue' to 'it's a camera issue if port forwarding has been / is a feature and they'd been hacked'.

I'd guess that a 'ping -t 192.168.1.106' is going to show some erratic results.
The indications are that the cameras are barely on the network. SADP doesn't need much to find them, nor does your router.
Did you eliminate by substitution the network cable, or the camera power supply, as common factors?

Clutching at straws here :
What does 'route print' show on the PC?
What does 'tracert 192.168.1.106' show on the PC?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
the cameras have statically allocated IP addresses in the range of addresses your router hands out to dhcp clients, so i suspect you have an ip address conflict. IE, the router gave the same IP to another device on your network as the cam's are using.
try using sadp to assign IP addresses to the cameras OUTSIDE the router's dhcp range, but still on your subnet, of course... (below .100)

Last edited:

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well i tried as suggested, all to no avail.

I tried setting the camera ip to 192.168.1.50 as suggested and it made no difference. I think i might just buy 2 new cameras :'(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Tracert should show the router IP at least.
Not if the destination is on the local subnet, which it should be.
I'd wondered if a spurious route was there, which might be a factor in the problem, but the PC routing table looks OK.

And with no ping (ICMP) replies, no ability to trace the route.

As far as I know - there is no ability to set 'allow secure connection only' on that model of camera, which would block an HTTP attempt.
But that wouldn't block a ping attempt.

It's all looking like there is virtually no network connectivity.
@Bartley69 - you have tried a different ethernet cable & power supply?

Again, looking at network connectivity, I don't suppose this does anything in VLC :
rtsp://192.168.1.106:554/Streaming/Channels/1

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
my guess is your cams have some leftover routing configuration set up before you replaced your router that
cause them not work properly on your new 192.168.1.x network...

try resetting the cams to factory settings and start over.
(will need to open them up to do that on the hik turret models, as the reset button is inside the eyeball)

or just send them to me. :) (or allastair, if he's closer)

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried rtsp://192.168.1.150:554/Streaming/Channels/1 (i changed the camera to .150) and it fails to connect. I tested every single ethernet cale in my house with a tester and they all show perfect continuity through pins 1-8. I tried switching in different ethernet cables anyway which also made no difference.

I ran nmap as suggested and obtained these results, can anyone decipher anything usefull out of them? I'm located in Australia so sending them away sounds like a massive deal unless someone is in Oz?

I am keen on factory resetting these devices but I am unable to locate any form of reset button on these? They are DS-2CD2332.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran nmap as suggested and obtained these results, can anyone decipher anything usefull out of them?
nmap is saying the host is up but there are no listening ports.

Do you feel inclined to spend any more time on this problem?
The closest you can get to the internals of the device is via the serial console.
For this you'd need a TTL serial to USB convertor such as a PL2303HXD based device, and a wired 4-pin 1.5mm JST ZH connector, both widely available on eBay.

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Absolutely, i'd love to solve it, i HATE letting things beat me. My only concern is not having someone to provide me the information! You might start getting sick of me lol. I believe i may already have the stuff i need from programming sonoff wifi switches! Is this the stuff? The outputs are 3.3v or 5v, i can move the jumper to whatever i require. Then DTR,rx, tx, vcc, cts and gnd.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I may have missed it in the many posts here in this thread regarding not connecting to the cam(s), but I have to ask:

Have you tried setting a static IP in you PC like 192.168.1.200 and running an Ethernet cable DIRECTLY to the cam, bypassing the router, launch IE again and try to access the cam by using last known IP (or past IP's) and ports of the cam ? Try all combinations?

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just plugged my camera direct into my pc motherboard and it says nothing is connected. I'm guessing maybe because i power these via PoE and don't have an external way to power them.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just plugged my camera direct into my pc motherboard and it says nothing is connected. I'm guessing maybe because i power these via PoE and don't have an external way to power them.
OK, I made an incorrect assumption.

If you have a POE switch, try PC <--> POE switch <--> camera
If not, try to find a correct power source for cam's pigtail and go PC<--> camera

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just tried that TonyR and it still won't let me access the damn thing.