Cannot connect Chinese 360 IP cam through ONVIF

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I just bought an outdoor Chinese 360 WIFI IP camera to replace my front door old one
But I cannot link it to my existing NVR using ONVIF

The NVR can detect the camera but cannot loggin because there is some username/password or something

I have just pop open the camera to find it use Anyka AK3918E as the main processor and there is this string on the mainboard MVM3113S2FV_V1.0
The stiker on the camera say its model is: VR-K5-360, using V380 mobile app and the included user manual is almost useless

IMG_0608_low.jpg IMG_0606_low.jpg IMG_0607_low.jpg

could you guys help me? I'm new in this CCTV area
Thanks in advance

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
this show up when I access to 8899 port

Screenshot 2018-12-10 23.23.27.png

I think this one actually support ONVIF, but got remove or restrict somehow

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think this one actually support ONVIF, but got remove or restrict somehow
Check if you can get Live Video using ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
The ODM logon credentials will confirm if ONVIF access needs a userID/password.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Buy a better camera? :banghead:

If it were me, I'd try connecting via a PC (and since the camera is on 192.168.1.x subnet, this should be easy). Get to the login screen and see if you can figure out password. Try admin/blank, admin/serial number, etc. Perhaps the manufacturer or supplier can tell you the default password?

Best of luck. Post the answer if you figure it out!

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
it show nothing on port 80, 8080 when accessing through web browser
only port 8899 show something about the onvif as my above post

The direct seller whom I bought it from know next to nothing beside the V380 mobile app
and I still can not figure out the original manufacture, hope you guy can help base on the MVM3113S2FV string on the mainboard?

of course get another better cam will do the trick, but I want to try my luck and tinkering a bit

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried admin/blank, admin/admin, root/blank, root/root, root/admin...
anything can be think of, and nothing work

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
well I contact V380 tech team and they give me this "upgrade"
just unrar and put in the root folder on SD card, power of the camera, insert SD card, turn on and wait for like 30sec

but now I stuck in another problem: the RTSP link seem to auto disconnect every 1 min automatically

Attachments

SERHAN

n3wb
Reaction score
just unrar and put in the root folder on SD card, power of the camera, insert SD card, turn on and wait for like 30sec

but now I stuck in another problem: the RTSP link seem to auto disconnect every 1 min automatically

this file solved my problem. Thank you

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
this file solved my problem. Thank you
glad to help

I also found out that "the upgrade file" to enable ONVIF turn out to be this simple ceshi.ini where you can edit manually with notepad

and if you want to upgrade firmware manually you can also give the support a buzz at v380technical@gmail.com
I solved the RTSP auto disconnect problem mentioned above by upgrading fw

Attachments

Reactions: kxn
Reaction score
glad to help

I also found out that "the upgrade file" to enable ONVIF turn out to be this simple ceshi.ini where you can edit manually with notepad

and if you want to upgrade firmware manually you can also give the support a buzz at v380technical@gmail.com
I solved the RTSP auto disconnect problem mentioned above by upgrading fw
Hello all,

thanks a29psx for this thread. I used your rtsp patch above on what it seems to be the exact same camera and it worked to open Onvif, BUT, I am having major wifi issues from the start. Camera connects to wifi only if Router and CAmera are REAL close together, if I move a bit far, even in same room, it drops wifi every minute like clockwork. Move any further and wifi is gone. I was wondering if you did anything else because I already follow your suggestion and sent an email to V380 email support. They did respond very quickly with an updated firmware, but it did no good, wifi is still worthless. If connected to ethernet port via cable (or with a wifi repeater), the signal is stable, although I am still having issues with my onvif devices recognizing video. It works and then it doesn't, then it works again. VLC can see my rtsp stream with no problem, even without any user name or password on the string, and no VLC does not prompt me for credentials either. another thing worth mentioning. Tried it on 3 different wifi networks to rule out some router misconfig, still no joy on wifi...

As for your version of the ceshi.ini file, it has way more variables than the one support sent to me. I was wondering if you managed to open web config page, telnet and so on. I used your version and all it did to me was open rtsp...

Any comments trully appreciated...

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
About firmware: If you have the same camera as I do, you can use the below firmware.
After that you can upgrade to v2.5.10.6 using the mobile app, then the ceshi.ini file to enable ONVIF.
Your camera will work well with ONVIF / RTSP, no more connect - disconnect - connect issue
Just be sure that you get the same camera as mine by looking at the hardware inside and comparing the info

About the wifi: I think it s hardware issue, not firmware related
Check if the antenna wire is connect properly to the board (use a VOM to check continuity). You should record the disassembly process for later reference
If the antenna wire is fine, try another antenna.

I mounted my camera on really high spot and used LAN connection. So I cannot help you checking the wifi signal reception
Goodluck

Attachments

Last edited:

raf050

n3wb
Reaction score

I have the same problem, the wifi auto disconnect every 1 min :(
I tried to upgrade the firmware, which the support sent me by email, but without success, I believe it is hardware problem

My camera is a Xiaovv Q8

Attachments

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem, the wifi auto disconnect every 1 min :(
I tried to upgrade the firmware, which the support sent me by email, but without success, I believe it is hardware problem

My camera is a Xiaovv Q8
post your camera info as seen in my post, plz

legolas11

n3wb
Reaction score
I have bought some cameras with the firmware version "V380E11_IPC38_ETH_V2.5.6.6_20181218" and the v380technical gave me same update posted here. It simply does not work, but this script attached here worked fine for me, just by openning rtsp and telnet, not need ceshi.ini for it
source of file on other forum Fentac V380 Connection
mirror of attached file patch.zip use at your own risk
this upgrade will work on a 32GB sd card formatted with FAT32, not working on 4GB
to keep telnet always open, you need to add line
Code:
telnetd -l /bin/sh &
to end of file /mnt/mtd/nvipcstart.sh
but be aware that is without password, so you need to secure the camera on your local network

the /mnt/mtd folder is writable and these scripts are bring up on boot, so you can write your own and call it at the end of nvipcstart.sh that seems is the last script that will execute. be sure to not modify any critical command in the scripts because it will brick your camera.

you need to use this file instead of the one from support, it seems that its not applicable to all firmwares. I have ten cameras, it does not worked in only one. but i will try serial communication

about wifi issues, it seems that the hardware of some of those cameras support only IEEE 802.11b according to some specifications of similar cams here. Wireless IPC specifications - dvr163

pictures of the cameras
photo5156850207789525076.jpgphoto5156850207789525078.jpgphoto5156850207789525074.jpg

a29psx

n3wb
Reaction score
@legolas11: thanks for your input
but I recommend we should steer away from cameras using V380 software, yoosee seems to be a better choice

I have give up on my camera since it got another hardware glitch on the IR cutter or something, making the image to be appear in weird color (see the image)
This problem happened randomly and would gone away after a few day, unplug the power, cover the light sensor wont help

Attachments