Can't access camera behind Dahua NVR POE 5216

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I have Dahua NVR on 192.168.1.108 but since it has built in POE the IP range of cameras is 10.1.1.xx
I can't access the camera. How do I log into the web interface of the camera ?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you login to the web interface of the NVR, there should be a screen that shows you a list of all of your cameras with an Internet Explorer icon to the right of each one. If you click on one of the IE icons, it should connect you to the web interface of that camera.

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The link keeps trying to open 10.1.1.xx port but does n't open any page and end up timing out.
upload_2019-9-9_22-32-31.png

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The link keeps trying to open 10.1.1.xx port but does n't open any page and end up timing out.
That's weird, it should try to open 192.168.1.108:[port#], but the [port#] will be unique and different from what's shown in that list.

If the camera isn't Dahua, or is Dahua running hacked Chinese firmware (many models with "C" in the name are), it might not work, ... but I'd still expect it to try to access 192.168.1.108:[port#], not 10.1.1.x.

Another option (if the PC you're trying to access the cameras from has Ethernet) is to temporarily connect that PC to an ethernet port on the back of the NVR. That should put the PC on the 10.1.1.x network and then it should be able to directly access the cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you have port numbers 1, 2... and mine are 8899, 3777 etc ?

Are you connecting from inside the same network as the NVR? If not it won’t open.

Also as to the ports, don’t add the cameras manually like you would with a non-POE NVR. It gives you those ports and won’t work.

Remove the cameras from the bottom pane, reboot the NVR, and allow time for the cameras to connect themselves.

Aus_fas

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you connecting from inside the same network as the NVR? If not it won’t open.

Also as to the ports, don’t add the cameras manually like you would with a non-POE NVR. It gives you those ports and won’t work.

Remove the cameras from the bottom pane, reboot the NVR, and allow time for the cameras to connect themselves.
I think you might be right, will need to try this Hitting cameras web pages with a laptop in an NVR with POE
To see if I get 1,2,3.. ports. Once that been sorted out then have to see what to do if NVR reboots.

fghj

n3wb
Reaction score
The way I was able to finally access my cameras was by going to the Network Tab and then click on UPnP. Check the PAT box.
1585337209358.png

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe thats something all together different. Not sure about the security implications?

Are you using a NVR with built in PoE ports?