Cant access hikvision camera via browser

kbilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all. Changed settings on cam and it rebooted. Can still see the ip on the routers connected list and even ping it but when i go to the ipin a browser the connection is refused and no login screen appears.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re install web components, use firefox browser and enable the plug in to run.

kbilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys thanks. I tried the reinstall of webcomponents and confirmed ip usinf SADP is th same as per router list used even firefox but still nothing. Can I maybe restore to factore setting?

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure your putting in the port number after the IP address. Are you getting a message that says "unable to connect" in your browser?

so if the NVR is on port 85, get the port number from SADP if your not sure what it is, if its 80 then no need to add it after the browser, anything else you must add.

You should be putting your address as such example, use your own local IP, http://192.168.1.200:90

Just throwing some common simple solutions.

kbilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thank you for your reply. I tried that sadp accordn to :
Make sure the web address http://192.168.0.64:8000 is correct.
Look for the page with your search engine.
Refresh the page in a few minutes.

This is actually what caused it to stop working, I changed the port and then it got stuck rebooting and I couldnt access it after that.

Thanks again!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What port did you change the web port to?
8000 is the 'media port' used by the Hikvision 'command and control' dialogues, it's nothing to do with the HTTP web admin port. Standard SADP doesn't show or allow you to change the HTTP web admin port.
If you are not sure what the port is currently set to, you can query the camera with the very good Windows tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
You should be able to confirm what the ports are set to in the 'Network settings' page.