Can't Configure IP Cams to HVR

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new here and new to IP Cams. I purchased 2 Huisun Technology 10x optical zoom / 1080p / PTZ bullet cameras and so far I have not been able to get them connected to my HVR. I do have another IP camera from a different vendor and it connected as soon as I clicked on the ADD button.

In trying to configure the 2 Huisun PTZ bullet cams I first had to download a tool from the CD that assisted me to change the IP address so my network and system would recognize it. That part appeared to work but possibly not so; when I clicked the add button the unit comes back with a message: "username error". I tried different things and eventually I did see the date and time for the cameras appear on the screen but without the image. Then at one point one camera appeared briefly as it was "auto zooming" but the image went away quickly.

The HVR is ONVIF capable and in the config wizard under device information it states that both of the bullet PTZ cams are ONVIF as well. If someone can possibly provide some assistance I would appreciate it.

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I had already watched the You Tube video and it made my head spin and more confused. I do not have a Hikvision branded HVR, but the unit did recognize my cameras. Maybe the HVR is not compatible with the cameras or maybe I have not configured it correctly. Hopefully someone will be able to identify with my problem here. If not then I have 2 cameras installed on my house that is no use to me. Thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. I had already watched the You Tube video and it made my head spin and more confused. I do not have a Hikvision branded HVR, but the unit did recognize my cameras. Maybe the HVR is not compatible with the cameras or maybe I have not configured it correctly. Hopefully someone will be able to identify with my problem here. If not then I have 2 cameras installed on my house that is no use to me. Thanks again
What brand and model is your NVR? You cant just buy any NVR and expect it to work perfectly with every ip camera, that is not how it works.

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
I am learning about this, the hard way! My HVR does not appear to have a model but will keep checking. Yet, I was able to finally get the two cameras connected but when I tried the PTZ controls I was only able to get the cams to pan and tilt down but was not able to tilt them up to a level position.

Also while I was working the PTZ controls the HVR (hybrid) shut down and does not complete the boot up cycle before constantly trying to reboot itself. Please advise and I would appreciate it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am learning about this, the hard way! My HVR does not appear to have a model but will keep checking. Yet, I was able to finally get the two cameras connected but when I tried the PTZ controls I was only able to get the cams to pan and tilt down but was not able to tilt them up to a level position.

Also while I was working the PTZ controls the HVR (hybrid) shut down and does not complete the boot up cycle before constantly trying to reboot itself. Please advise and I would appreciate it.
Where did you buy it from? link?

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
It was purchased from Video Camera Security and the model # is: 8ch/960h Hybrid DVR: Model VCSHVR-8HD2

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
This unit is not longer available. It was ONVIF campatible and all of the cameras that I am trying to connect to it is also ONVIF. Thanks for taking the time to try to assist me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This unit is not longer available. It was ONVIF campatible and all of the cameras that I am trying to connect to it is also ONVIF. Thanks for taking the time to try to assist me.
onvif does not guarantee that it will work...particularly with these low end units.
If its similar to this unit, it cannot do 1080p unless its set to ip only mode...try setting your camera to 720p
http://www.videocamerasecurity.net/16ch-tribrid-hvr-ahd-analog-ip-16ch-real-time-720p-ahd-4ch-1080p-ip-onvif/

mstuarrk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks; I will try that as soon as I find out how to change it to 720-any ideas please let me know. Also:

1. Could this be the reason for the PTZ controls not tilting properly
2. Could this be the reason that it continues to shut down and restart

Lastly: if all else fails I might want to research a decent total NVR system (not hybrid). Could you recommend a reasonable priced 8 channel unit-reasonable meaning the reason I purchased this low price unit to begin with. Thanks again

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks; I will try that as soon as I find out how to change it to 720-any ideas please let me know. Also:

1. Could this be the reason for the PTZ controls not tilting properly
2. Could this be the reason that it continues to shut down and restart

Lastly: if all else fails I might want to research a decent total NVR system (not hybrid). Could you recommend a reasonable priced 8 channel unit-reasonable meaning the reason I purchased this low price unit to begin with. Thanks again
Look at the hikvision NVR's..there are lots of threads discussing them. The camera should have an option to change the resolution.