Can't connect to BI on LTE (at&t)

jameshtx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My wife and I cannot connect on LTE however have no problems when at home on wifi. I have set port forwarding on. This was not the issue before our new desktop. I had everything working fine on old laptop.

I even deleted and reinstalled mobile app as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I cannot connect on LTE however have no problems when at home on wifi. I have set port forwarding on. This was not the issue before our new desktop. I had everything working fine on old laptop.

I even deleted and reinstalled mobile app as well.
You need to modify the port forward for the desktop...likely has a new ip and double check the port is correct.

jameshtx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will do as soon as I get home. I assume there's a section on how to get on mobile app on LTE connection

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will do as soon as I get home. I assume there's a section on how to get on mobile app on LTE connection
BI mobile app, both iOS and Android, has a "?" on Main screen which takes you 'About' where there's 'Help' and 'Getting Started'.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I fill in these boxes in order to port forward my desktop ip?
blank except for the port, there has to be an option for you to enter the ip address, otherwise you are not in the correct setting...

jameshtx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is under the "firewall rules" tab. It says I can type in my ip in "destination"

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
just go to your old rule and change the ip address and port..ensure you have set the blue iris pc to static/reserved ip

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 to what @fenderman said. You said in post #1 "...This was not the issue before our new desktop. I had everything working fine on old laptop."
Did you set that up the first time?

I recognize the AT&T format. They call them "pinholes" and they are a pain to set up. I guess they reference a 'pinhole' as a way through the firewall. Leave it to AT&T to take a word or method that works or worked OK for eons and change it for some reason.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you are still struggling after just changing the old rule/pinhole as suggested by @fenderman , may I suggest this:

Go to this AT&T uVerse support article here , select your modem/router in the dropdown and read the applicable article.
Yours looks like either a Motorola NVG589 or Arris (Pace) 5268AC...those are the only 2 from AT&T I've seen, I personally have CenturyunLink.

jameshtx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are still struggling after just changing the old rule/pinhole as suggested by @fenderman , may I suggest this:

Go to this AT&T uVerse support article here , select your modem/router in the dropdown and read the applicable article.
Yours looks like either a Motorola NVG589 or Arris (Pace) 5268AC...those are the only 2 from AT&T I've seen, I personally have CenturyunLink.
Yes its the Pace 5268ac. And yes this was not an issue before I got this desktop. I thought since laptop was different brand and older, the setup process is different

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes its the Pace 5268ac. And yes this was not an issue before I got this desktop. I thought since laptop was different brand and older, the setup process is different
the setup process for port forwarding has nothing to do with the laptop vs desktop, its exactly the same.

Benak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have the default gateway configured correctly on your new Blue Iris machine?