Cant Connect UNIFI POE Cam(s) to BI

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to this site but need some help. I have 2 Unifi Dome POE cams that were working fine up until google decided that I could not connect to the UBNTVIDEO NVR anymore due to an SSL trust. So in my panic and not knowing this was googles doing, I removed the UBNTVIDEO NVR and reinstalled it. Needless to say that it broke the connection to BI. Now that I have everything back up and running by way of using Firefox, the cameras will not connect to BI any longer. No changes were made to the network settings as I was using internal IP address 127.0.0.1 with the RTSP port of 7447. My wireless camera were not affected by this so they are still up and running.

I am not sure how else to connect the Unifi Dome cameras to BI directly as I have tried the cameras IP address and port 80 and several RTSP ports without luck. I would prefer the direct method from camera to BI if possible.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am new to this site but need some help. I have 2 Unifi Dome POE cams that were working fine up until google decided that I could not connect to the UBNTVIDEO NVR anymore due to an SSL trust. So in my panic and not knowing this was googles doing, I removed the UBNTVIDEO NVR and reinstalled it. Needless to say that it broke the connection to BI. Now that I have everything back up and running by way of using Firefox, the cameras will not connect to BI any longer. No changes were made to the network settings as I was using internal IP address 127.0.0.1 with the RTSP port of 7447. My wireless camera were not affected by this so they are still up and running.

I am not sure how else to connect the Unifi Dome cameras to BI directly as I have tried the cameras IP address and port 80 and several RTSP ports without luck. I would prefer the direct method from camera to BI if possible.

Thanks
Welcome to the forum! You cannot connected directly from the camera because the geniuses at ubiquiti decided that the are going to remove rtsp access.
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Video-Feature-Requests/Bring-back-RTSP/idi-p/841922/page/2
The end of the thread indicates that ubi promised to restore rtsp, not sure if it was done yet.
How were you streaming before? from the NVR? of from some sort of plugin? What is it exactly that you deleted and reinstalled?

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
I deleted and reinstalled the NVR. And yes i was restreaming from NVR to BI. The UNIFI cams themselves are only engineered to work with the NVR as I found out after purchase but I guess that is the hook. I did not mind the restreaming but after 24 hours of having this working it simply dropped out. But I am thinking if I may have done something when I reinstalled the NVR due to Googles SSL issue?
If I can get a quick how-to or point me in the right direction to ensure I have my BI set up correctly I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I deleted and reinstalled the NVR. And yes i was restreaming from NVR to BI. The UNIFI cams themselves are only engineered to work with the NVR as I found out after purchase but I guess that is the hook. I did not mind the restreaming but after 24 hours of having this working it simply dropped out. But I am thinking if I may have done something when I reinstalled the NVR due to Googles SSL issue?
If I can get a quick how-to or point me in the right direction to ensure I have my BI set up correctly I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
try increasing your receive buffer in blue iris....ubiquti may have made changes to the new version of the nvr your installed...you might have to wait for the firmware update they are promising for rtsp...or dump the cameras on ebay and get something that doesnt give you this hassle.

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't tried, but BI should be able to pull jpgs directly from the camera.

BrewFixer

n3wb
Reaction score
Well what ever was happening just resolved itself... Go figure. This may be an intermittent problem that I will probably see again. I now have all cams reporting into BI once again...:confused::confused::confused: