Can't detect CAM in BI

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you again! Ok, I've got everything connected and got the Cam IPs and see the cams via SmartPSS but still can't detect cameras on BI. Also, in "BI" Camera configure in Dahua drop down menu what shall I choose since my cam type is not there IPC-HDW5231-ZE and I played with the different ports without success.
Default ports...ddshu rtsp or find inspect

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, it didn't work. I am still getting error "No Signal" user/password/port/ error. Any other setting should I check. The BI actually finds all cams when find/inspect but still can't get a signal. Camera type I select is "Dahua" since I can't find "ddshu" ....

Last edited:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do this for each of your cameras...
  1. Log into each camera individually
  2. Setup each camera with a Username & Password which is the same for all of the cameras
  3. Assign each camera a UNIQUE static IP address & write the IP addresses down
  4. Log into the Blue Iris Console
  5. For each camera, right click on any blank area of the BI console screen and choose "Add Camera"
  6. Click "OK" in the resulting "New Camera" box
  7. In the resulting "Network IP Camera Configuration" and set up each cameras as follows...
screenshot.jpg

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do this for each of your cameras...
  1. Log into each camera individually
  2. Setup each camera with a Username & Password which is the same for all of the cameras
  3. Assign each camera a UNIQUE static IP address & write the IP addresses down
  4. Log into the Blue Iris Console
  5. For each camera, right click on any blank area of the BI console screen and choose "Add Camera"
  6. Click "OK" in the resulting "New Camera" box
  7. In the resulting "Network IP Camera Configuration" and set up each cameras as follows...
BINGO! Thank you much all, it worked :):headbang:

Could you please advise if I have to be aware for any issues that could arise between Antivirus and Blue Iris. And how now isolate Cam from the Internet via router. Thank you!

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is a PC that is used only for bi, no antivirus software is needed. If you must make sure you remove the bi folders from scanned g. Antivirus can have a negitive impact on the PC performance.