Can't find the deals...on to CPUs...

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can never find the deals everyone raves about on Dell i7 4th gen machine.

So I'm going to build another computer, but it's been a while. What's the current opinion on Skylake vs Kaby Lake vs Broadwell-E? All three i7s are within $40 high to low. The Skylake 6700K and the Kaby Lake 7700 are the same price.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can never find the deals everyone raves about on Dell i7 4th gen machine.

So I'm going to build another computer, but it's been a while. What's the current opinion on Skylake vs Kaby Lake vs Broadwell-E? All three i7s are within $40 high to low. The Skylake 6700K and the Kaby Lake 7700 are the same price.
Hi Optimus Prime,

I would keep an eye out on Slickdeals around the black friday time period if you are looking for components. In particular newegg should have some good deals out around then.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would not work as the Zeons don’t support the hardware acceleration like thr mainstream CPUs do.

I may go ahead and spend a little extra on the Coffee Lake i7, depending on how much mother boards cost. I want this to be a mini ITX build.

trbodog

n3wb
Reaction score
If you live in the US, you might have a Micro Center store near you. They generally have some good in-store prices on CPUs. Usually $30-60 less.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I finally found the deals. Looking at a Refurbished i& systems. Has anyone been able to get a WD Purple to fit inside of an Optiplex Micro?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, I finally found the deals. Looking at a Refurbished i& systems. Has anyone been able to get a WD Purple to fit inside of an Optiplex Micro?
you will want a system that can gold an SSD and a 3.5 drive...

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually, just after I made that post, I found the specs and found it does not have room for a 3.5" drive.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for offering the post. The service tag pulls up on Dell as having an i5 with an SATA drive. Is this one you have refurbished and modified the original specs?