Can't flash firmware using tftp server

shour0v

n3wb
Reaction score
As far as i learned changing lan ip to 192.0.0.128 and subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 then run tftp server power on the device. But the tftp server looks frozen. I've waited more than 30 minutes but there were no update. It just freezes at first log initialized. I need to flash my ip camera DS-2CD1043G-0I. please help me about this

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It just freezes at first log initialized.
Hikvision tftp updater?
It's not freezing - just waiting to be accessed by any devices.

For best results :
The camera and the PC should both be wired to switch ports, not on WiFi or directly connected.
The camera should be powered by 12v DC, not PoE.

If you didn't get the Windows firewall popup when tftpserve.exe was started the first time, temporarily disable the Windows firewall.
Also, try the PC on 192.168.1.128 as required on some cameras depending on when they were manufactured.

shour0v

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the device was connected by switch. And was powered by hikvision 12vDC adapter. I'm using hikvision tftp updater. What will be the subnet mask for this ip 192.168.1.128 ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What should I do now ?
The tftp updater is being contacted and the firmware is being correctly transmitted.
But it looks like it is the wrong firmware as there is no 'System update completed' status message.

What did you change to enable the connection?

shour0v

n3wb
Reaction score
I changed the windows. How to get the right firmware ? I had downloaded the firmware from hikvision official page by searching with device model.