Can't get push notifications to subscribe via gdmss

Trike

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just started setting up a dahua system. I currently have a NVR5216 w/poe switch, 3 5231 turrets. I just purchased gdmss plus on my LG V10. I vpn'ed into my network and tried to setup push notifications without any success. I can connect to the NVR no problem and get live previews of the cams. I originally disabled all internet access except port 465 for emails to the NVR on the router. I removed the rule and the NVR has access to the internet now. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to subscribe to any push notifications. All I get is "failed to subscribe".

Anybody have any suggestions on what to look at?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Trike

n3wb
Reaction score
When I got home last night and hopped onto the wifi instead of VPN, I tried my tablets and phone again, but I still can't subscribe to the push notifications. I checked outgoing connections on my android phone to see where it's connecting to and whenever I hit save to subscribe to the push events, it makes a connection to the NVR by ip. It appears to at least be making a connection to the NVR.

My next guess is, Is the NVR configured correctly? Is it a firmware bug?

I've made sure the NVR has access to the internet, is there anything else that needs to be configured for push to work? I have my ivs rules configured and working.

I'm on the latest unoffical firmware on the NVR (3.210.0003.0, Build Date: 2017-04-18), anyone else have push working on the 5216 with this firmware?

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First of all, please show your network settings from the nvr. Time setup is also nessesary (ntp). If your phone and your nvr is in the same subnet it must be possible to subscribe.

You don´t have 2 identical Smartphones? I know of a google problem for subscription if both android devices have the same name. What Android Version do you have?
Did you try with another android device?

The last step would be a factory rest for the nvr.

Of course is using an unofficial firmware for your nvr always a possible reason for many things. Where did you find it?

Sirty

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue running the same firmware.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk