Can't get vcredist.x64 to install

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Been searching for a solution all afternoon and have come up with nothing that works. I get the following error -

Capture3.PNG

I read in another thread that running vcredist.x64 from the Blue Iris folder fixes this issue. Problem is, there is no such file in the folder. The post also had a link where it can be downloaded from the BI website. Link leads to the main page. I've downloaded vcredist.x64 so many times my download folder is full of them. Don't know were to go from here. Any help and / or suggestions much appreciated. BTW, OS Is Windows Server 2012 R2. MS says it is compatible tho.

TIA

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sent a message to support at Blue Iris and they responded telling me to request via the program. Apparently they didn't read the part where I said I can't get the program to run. So how am I supposed to proceed? Can I get a refund? Maybe I should contact my CC bank and dispute the charge? Yes I'm frustrated.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the error in the Microsoft even log ?
Are you runni g the install as the system administrator
What is in the log file

Last edited:

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I finally got it to install. Not sure how but if I had to guess I'd say it was a Windows update. This is a fresh clean install of Server 2012 R2 and I ran Windows update until it said there were no more updates available. Apparently that wasn't so. I just went back and checked again and there was a huge 800+mb update. I installed it and then was able to install vc_redist.x64 and get Blue Iris running. I also did a bunch of other things so really don't know what fixed it but something did.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like you needed to update Windows Update before the redist would install which the subsequent updates must have updated?

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If an update did indeed fix it it was one of these. -

Capture24.PNG

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Windows is horrible about telling you updates are done, then you go back and install more, again and again.

Plus Server 2012 R2 is really old, so it shouldn't be too surprising that newer things would have trouble installing on it before updates are installed.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Windows is horrible about telling you updates are done, then you go back and install more, again and again.

Plus Server 2012 R2 is really old, so it shouldn't be too surprising that newer things would have trouble installing on it before updates are installed.
Yep, seems like updates go on and on. Windows 7 was the worst, do a fresh install towards the end of support and you'd never see the end.
Windows Server 2012 R2 is still supported so I'd expect it to still work. Maybe I'm being a bit naive.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Why Server 2012 and not Windows10?

If you really need to go Server wouldn’t Server 2016 be better as that’s based upon the same/similar architecture as Windows 10.

Sparkey

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why Server 2012 and not Windows10?

If you really need to go Server wouldn’t Server 2016 be better as that’s based upon the same/similar architecture as Windows 10.
Nope. Not gonna use Windows 10 period.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I hate windows period. But I run win10 pro in my dedicated blue iris machine. And I keep a laptop with win 10 pro for doing various projects that might require windows. It all has its place even for a hater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatVlieg

n3wb
Reaction score
Check to see if you have any other versions of 2015-2019 installed, especially higher versions
Note: In theory you should not have more than one copy of the x86 and x64 2015-2019 installed as per MS design specs. But versions , errm, "manipulate" install criteria and sometime you do get multiples.

If so, UNINSTALL them.
Also check to see if you have "stand-alone" versions of 2015, 2017 or 2019 installed. If so, UNINSTALL them as well.

Reboot system
Note: Upon startup you may get errors from apps; ignote them for the time being

Try to install the version of 2015-2019 you want
If it works, GREAT. Reboot your system.
If it fails again, you have other unidentified issues on the system.

In both cases (success or fail), try to re-install the versions of 2015-2019, and/or any "standalone" versions of 2015, 2017, 2019 you previously uninstalled.
Note: Recommend to download the versions directly from MS to install
Note: Sometimes you are NOT able to re-install them. As mentioned, per MS design spec 2015-2019 is cumalative, and "stand-alones" should in theory not be allowed to exist.

You may also, after the exercise, continue to have issues with some previously installed apps
If so, run a REPAIR on them, or run the installer again. It should install the missing "bits" the apps wants again.
Note: In my experience, C++ is rarely used by an app after installation. It is most of the time required for installation. Subtle difference. And I am wrong sometimes!