Caught in the act!! Huisun mini ptz 10x zoom

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have seen this setting referenced a number of times but at a loss as to where I find it.
I'm not next to the computer so I can't check but I'm fairly certain that it's in the options when you click the light bulb icon. (Where the ptz controls are)

Its definitely in one of those on the ptz controls

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not next to the computer so I can't check but I'm fairly certain that it's in the options when you click the light bulb icon. (Where the ptz controls are)

Its definitely in one of those on the ptz controls
Yes, I found it a few minutes after posting, thanks anyway.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Even during the day the Huisun seems sharper
Just curious, have you tried to increase the sharpness setting on the Hikvisions to see how they compare? I've always left my Hiks at the default 50 sharpness because it always seemed "sharp enough" to me as is, but wondering if that would make a difference.

riceandbeans

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@reeves1985 - nice vid! I've got some car-oriented carhartts that look dirty in real life and look REALLY dirty in infrared. Something about IR makes me look like even more of a dirtbag ;)

Question for you - are all four of your IR LEDs lighting up when you turn them up via the web UI? I think I may have a defective cam as my inner two LEDs (near LEDs) don't appear to be lighting up. Here are my settings:

1.png

And here's what the cam looks like with those settings:

1.jpg

Could you do me a solid favor and sanity check?

Last edited by a moderator:

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't compare to the 4mp hiks as I don't own any I have 3 of the 3mp 3032 models and to be perfectly honest they look rubbish in comparison to the Huisun.
Even during the day the Huisun seems sharper
Put it this way, people from 10 feet away look like walking trees. No facial details whatsoever, not even a descent silhouette. The stills can easily fool you as they look great, once motion and distance is added and the subject is very distorted. I must have played with every setting for hours to no avail, cameras defaults are as good as it gets. indoors is a different story, very god with minimal lighting and great with optimum lighting. Not a camera you put in your backyard or a low lit lot.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@reeves1985 - nice vid! I've got some car-oriented carhartts that look dirty in real life and look REALLY dirty in infrared. Something about IR makes me look like even more of a dirtbag ;)

Question for you - are all four of your IR LEDs lighting up when you turn them up via the web UI? I think I may have a defective cam as my inner two LEDs (near LEDs) don't appear to be lighting up. Here are my settings:

View attachment 6989

View attachment 6990

That strange only my two inner LEDS light up. Both of my cam outer LEDs are not lighting up

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
That strange only my two inner LEDS light up. Both of my cam outer LEDs are not lighting up

Bill

Again I just got the cam the other day so I haven't mess with the settings yet all I did was plug it in and configure network then start panning and zooming around in the room

Bill

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

View attachment 6989

View attachment 6990

Only 2 should light up at a time. 2 of them are focused for long distance, 2 for closer/wide angle. As you zoom the camera in and out you should see the LEDs swap between the 2 pairs.

BTW, the seetings you have in your screenshot are for the strength/intensity of the LEDs when they are lit, not distance.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Only 2 should light up at a time. 2 of them are focused for long distance, 2 for closer/wide angle. As you zoom the camera in and out you should see the LEDs swap between the 2 pairs.

BTW, the seetings you have in your screenshot are for the strength/intensity of the LEDs when they are lit, not distance.
As above only 2 will light up at a time it isn't defective it's by design

Zoom in fully and check again you will find the other 2 light up and other 2 go out

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Put it this way, people from 10 feet away look like walking trees. No facial details whatsoever, not even a descent silhouette. The stills can easily fool you as they look great, once motion and distance is added and the subject is very distorted. I must have played with every setting for hours to no avail, cameras defaults are as good as it gets. indoors is a different story, very god with minimal lighting and great with optimum lighting. Not a camera you put in your backyard or a low lit lot.
All this talk has got me confused!!!
Which camera are you talking about in regards to looking distorted? The hike?

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its a bit blurry, typical of default settings and lack of IR where the shutter is going down to 1/25 this is false economy a trap for all .
You need more IR and crank the shutter to at least 1/100 or more.
Also you need one overview camera and other fixed lens like 16mm targeting just the shed.
Some of my IR systems run 1/1000 at night with spectacular results

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Its a bit blurry, typical of default settings and lack of IR where the shutter is going down to 1/25 this is false economy a trap for all .
You need more IR and crank the shutter to at least 1/100 or more.
Also you need one overview camera and other fixed lens like 16mm targeting just the shed.
Some of my IR systems run 1/1000 at night with spectacular results
The plan is eventually to add more to the system.
As and when funds allow as there are a number of dead spots also due to the design/layout of the house. So eventually will have them all covered.
Then I'll probably end up starting inside knowing me.
But as like with most things it starts as a hobby and gets expensive rather quickly.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The plan is eventually to add more to the system.
As and when funds allow as there are a number of dead spots also due to the design/layout of the house. So eventually will have them all covered.
Then I'll probably end up starting inside knowing me.
But as like with most things it starts as a hobby and gets expensive rather quickly.
Been there, and yep gone inside too lol

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
exactly what I was trying to say. The highly recommend turret is no good for wide area coverage of you want detail. Perhaps, the bullets with two IRs do better.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome clarity considering distance.

Huisun.png