CCTV replacment advice please?

steve1978

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Where I work we have in the region of 25 cameras. They are a mixture of indoor and outdoor, DVR and record to NAS and camera with on board SD card. The reason it is like this is because it has grown over time. We are looking at replacing the whole system with a single system with a single interface, easily managed and reliable.

The outdoor cameras need to be able to work at up to about 60 meters, at this range they should (ideally) be able to read a number plate in any light conditions. The indoor cameras are used mainly for health and safety, light conditions are average and the range of each unit needs to be able to be around 50 meters. At this range we need to be able to identify accidents and see what really happened.

For the recording media I would like the cameras to either have a built in storage system, either SD cards or an onboard flash. POE powered would be ideal. If the only option is non POE and DVR then so be it as long as the playback software is excellent with continuous support and the image quality is perfect!

Does anyone have any recommendations of units that are up to the task?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

Where I work we have in the region of 25 cameras. They are a mixture of indoor and outdoor, DVR and record to NAS and camera with on board SD card. The reason it is like this is because it has grown over time. We are looking at replacing the whole system with a single system with a single interface, easily managed and reliable.

The outdoor cameras need to be able to work at up to about 60 meters, at this range they should (ideally) be able to read a number plate in any light conditions. The indoor cameras are used mainly for health and safety, light conditions are average and the range of each unit needs to be able to be around 50 meters. At this range we need to be able to identify accidents and see what really happened.

For the recording media I would like the cameras to either have a built in storage system, either SD cards or an onboard flash. POE powered would be ideal. If the only option is non POE and DVR then so be it as long as the playback software is excellent with continuous support and the image quality is perfect!

Does anyone have any recommendations of units that are up to the task?

sounds like you are looking for a pricey system, look at the high res dahuas or something.

steve1978

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah price isnt really that important. getting it right is. We have companies who come in and say they will do it for us but the current system is only 3 years old and is frankly garbage! wanted to get some advice from you guys then i can look at what suppliers are saying and see what tallies up!