Change BI Web Grid Layout?

SamSmith

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was wondering if its possible to change the BI web live view grid from a 3x2 to a 2x3?
Im using @bp2008 UI2 as I like the interface better than the default ones
But happy to change if it makes it easier

Im assuming its just putting a line or two of code in to tell it to generate a different grid size, but with my limited knowledge of code, i couldn't figure it out

Thanks in Advance

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I was wondering if its possible to change the BI web live view grid from a 3x2 to a 2x3?
Im using @bp2008 UI2 as I like the interface better than the default ones
But happy to change if it makes it easier

Im assuming its just putting a line or two of code in to tell it to generate a different grid size, but with my limited knowledge of code, i couldn't figure it out

Thanks in Advance
Ui3 has been out for a while... update blue iris it's included

SamSmith

n3wb
Reaction score
Ui3 has been out for a while... update blue iris it's included
Yes I know
I have had a look at it, but still prefer UI2 as it has the collapsible side bar meaning I can make the camera grid full screen
But thats not the problem im after. I want to change the grid around which UI3 doesn't seem to be able to do either?

Max Power

n3wb
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread... I'm using UI3 and can't find any way to adjust the grid either.

I currently have a 6 camera system, and in my current setup I my BI UI3 window shares my 2nd monitor with another program. Because of this, I have SO MUCH wasted space in a 2 row, 3 column grid. I could legit fit another 6 feeds.

Is there any way to adjust the grid parameters?

Max Power

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, I actually sorted this out... so posting for anyone else here who couldn't figure it out at first. You have to adjust the "Camera Layout" slider on the main window of Blue Iris (not Web UI3) thisguy.png

... and then you have to fuck around with the actual window size as well until you get the desired grid layout. It's clunky, but that's apparently how you can get your web UI to display however you want. I attached a pic of which slider to help.

Reaction score
OK, I actually sorted this out... so posting for anyone else here who couldn't figure it out at first. You have to adjust the "Camera Layout" slider on the main window of Blue Iris (not Web UI3) View attachment 58492

... and then you have to fuck around with the actual window size as well until you get the desired grid layout. It's clunky, but that's apparently how you can get your web UI to display however you want. I attached a pic of which slider to help.
Dear Max,

I wask looking for the same thing, and thanks for the tip about the layout adjustment in BI itself, I was not aware of this. However, it did not change anything on the UI3 web view, at all. They are still showed in the same sized box stupid layout, even though in BI I have now one big view for 1 camera, and many other smaller boxes for the rest of the cameras. What am I missing? Already tried to log out, force refresh the web server, without any luck, the view has not chaged there,

Reaction score
Play with resolution, you can enter custom resolutions:
ok, I'll try. but what does that exactly do? I thought this has an impact on the stream where all the cameras are visible.. but now I think it does not :) I'm viewing the UI3 on and older iPad Air in Safari, any suggestions what resolution should I try? I'm viewing th SD streams of the cameras, which are in 4:3 picture ratio instead of 16:9.

attached two screenshots to show the difference: one from the program itself (there's one bigger camera picture on the left surrounded with smaller boxes), and one from the web UI, where all the camera boxes are in the same size. I'd like to achieve something similar to the main program's view on the web UI as well:

BI_cam_layout.png BI_cam_layout_webUI3.png

thanks for your help and suggestions!

chaosengine

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You'll not get the same view in UI3, maybe @bp2008 (developer of UI3) can change this someday.
About frame size, BI manual says: "By default, the group will be viewable via remote browser or app and its cameras will be arranged to fit into a rectangle roughly sizing each camera in half. You may instead force a specific size for this view."
I use it to minimize the black space between cameras.