Change frame rate at a specific time in bi?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use d2d for recording. During the day I set my cams to 15fps in the camera software. I set bi recording fps to 20 due to blur/streaking/pausing if set to 15fps... Now at night the cams switch to 7.5fps in the cameras software. I set bi recording fps to 10 due to blur/streaking/pausing (more the pausing) if set to 7.5fps... The problem is there is no way to switch fps between day and night. Am I missing something here? Do I need to ask Ken for a feature... Can someone help!:D

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use d2d for recording. During the day I set my cams to 15fps in the camera software. I set bi recording fps to 20 due to blur/streaking/pausing if set to 15fps... Now at night the cams switch to 7.5fps in the cameras software. I set bi recording fps to 10 due to blur/streaking/pausing (more the pausing) if set to 7.5fps... The problem is there is no way to switch fps between day and night. Am I missing something here? Do I need to ask Ken for a feature... Can someone help!:D
why dont you leave it at 20 the whole time? are you getting ghosting at night if you leave it at 20?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmmm, no i get pauses in live view and the recordings... But i'll tell you what, let me double check for tonight.. I will let you know. But, i'm almost positive 99.9% sure it causes pauses. Its not much, but noticeable.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm, no i get pauses in live view and the recordings... But i'll tell you what, let me double check for tonight.. I will let you know. But, i'm almost positive 99.9% sure it causes pauses. Its not much, but noticeable.
Also why is the frame rate only 7.5 at night?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol, Some of my cams are in a not very good lighted area. Like i said in another post i have 6 ir floods on my property and it's starting to look like a prison. lol. Honestly, we have so much street light i try to use just that for some of the cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, Some of my cams are in a not very good lighted area. Like i said in another post i have 6 ir floods on my property and it's starting to look like a prison. lol. Honestly, we have so much street light i try to use just that for some of the cams.
Is the camera bringing itself down to 7.5? or are you setting it to 7.5? What camera is this?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I been watching the live view with fps at 15 i think it might just workout! Hopefully you wont hear from me for awhile :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is the camera bringing itself down to 7.5? or are you setting it to 7.5? What camera is this?
i'm setting it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hik 2032-l all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!!
ok, yeah 15 is fine, there is no real benefit to decreasing the fps...i generally set mine to 15fps...sometimes 20..