Changed Port on camera and now can't access it at all

Reaction score
I setup 3 Hikvision cameras (2x ds-2cd2532 & 1x ds-2cd2032). On the local network, I can view the cameras just fine using default ports in iVMS-4200 desktop software. But I wanted to be able to view remotely, so I had to reassign the ports for each camera to be unique to each camera and forward to ports to it in the router. There are four ports used in the hikvision (HTTP, RTSP, HTTPS, and Server).

I am using the tinyCam app on android, which asks for a "web server" port and a RTSP port. I wasn't sure which port for "web server" needed to be forwarded, so I tried setting the ports on the camera for Server and RTSP. That didn't work, I still couldn't access the camera from tinyCam.

So next I tried assigning ports to HTTP and forwarding those ports. Now I cannot access the cameras from either tinyCam or local network via iVMS-4200. Accessing camera from a browser by IP address didn't work either (192.168.etc.etc:newport). SADP also didn't detect any cameras. I am totally locked out of the cameras. Is there anyway to recover from this? Is factory reset the only way? Cameras are mounted so it would be more difficult to have to climb up there to hit the reset button.

In searching for a solution, I discovered that Server meant SDK used by Hikvision's software, iVMS-4500 & iVMS-4200. Too late now though.
Also, I know it's bad practice to give remote access to the cameras directly, but I haven't been able to get Hikvision's Stream Media Server to work. So i'm have to access cameras directly until I setup some kind of server.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@thatotherguy321 This has been reported before, there is a thread discussing this...happens on some cams...remember that you dont need to change the camera ports...most routers allow you to set the external port independent of the internal ports....
Remember that to reset, you need to disconnect power, hold the reset, then apply power while holding reset for about 15-30 seconds...

Reaction score
@thatotherguy321This has been reported before, there is a thread discussing this...happens on some cams...remember that you dont need to change the camera ports...most routers allow you to set the external port independent of the internal ports....
Remember that to reset, you need to disconnect power, hold the reset, then apply power while holding reset for about 15-30 seconds...
Can you direct me to the thread? I did a search on problems changing port and did not find anything useful.
Unfortunately, my router doesn't have the ability to set internal & external ports independently. I am using AT&T Uverse's Motorola NVG589.
So factory reset is my only option at this point?

Thanks for the reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you direct me to the thread? I did a search on problems changing port and did not find anything useful.
Unfortunately, my router doesn't have the ability to set internal & external ports independently. I am using AT&T Uverse's Motorola NVG589.
So factory reset is my only option at this point?

Thanks for the reply.
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3631-changing-Hikvision-HTTP-port-locks-camera?highlight=port
I believe you can set a distinct external port...does it give you the option to set a global port and host port?

Reaction score
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3631-changing-Hikvision-HTTP-port-locks-camera?highlight=port
I believe you can set a distinct external port...does it give you the option to set a global port and host port?
It has "Global Port Range" and "Base Host Port". Which I've set to 8000-8000, 8000 for one camera, and increment one for each additional camera, 8001 & 8002.
I read somewhere to just leave the Base Host Port blank, but it would just fill in automatically with what's in the Global Port.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It has "Global Port Range" and "Base Host Port".
I dont have that unit, but as I understand it, the global port range will be your external port and the base will be the internal.
Also consider using ivms4500, since you only need to forward the media port which is more secure...you also be able to view recorded video...

Reaction score
I dont have that unit, but as I understand it, the global port range will be your external port and the base will be the internal.
Also consider using ivms4500, since you only need to forward the media port which is more secure...you also be able to view recorded video...
That's what I'm realizing now. I will try making these changes. Thanks!

Are there any guides to how Hikvision Stream Media Server works and how to set it up? I want to eventually setup a PC as a server/DVR so I don't have to access the cameras directly. Then I can avoid these problems altogether.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This may help I found it via a google search but didnt watch it...I use blue iris.
Another option to port forwarding is VPN...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP also didn't detect any cameras.
That's unusual - SADP is pretty good at finding any Hikvision devices, even if they are on a different IP segment.
Did you power-cycle the cameras?

But as a possible way of avoiding the need to get physical with the cameras - it may be worth trying the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
If it finds the cameras, the 'Network' page will confirm what the HTTP port is set to.
And the 'Web page' page should show a view of the web GUI.
And if you still can't access the web GUI with the browser, the 'Maintenance page' may allow you to issue a factory reset.