Cheapie garage door camera

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I doubt it's a compatibility problem unless they did something funky with your pigtails. They're the ones that said other customers had wiring problems. I'm currently running the outdoor version of that dome as a critter cam with the exact same switch you've got. My indoor version is in use at work running off a passive injector. It ran fine off a LinkSys gigabit POE+ switch before I moved it. Here's the cam I'm running with the identical switch as yours- http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/IP-Camera-PoE-720P-960P-1080P-Optional-Anti-Vandal-Dome-Camera-IP-Outdoor-Indoor-Vandal-proof/1182439_32580365934.html

If it'll keep them happy, passive injectors are fairly cheap and are handy to have around anyway. Might not hurt to get one from Amazon or EBay to shut down their "compatibility" complaint and then you'll have it around if/when you might need it in the future.

Edit- I also had it running off a ZyXEL POE switch at one point.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I doubt it's a compatibility problem unless they did something funky with your pigtails.

The seller is offering a 100% refund. I was hoping for replacement pigtails and maybe a discount on the IMX322 you linked.

Speaking of pigtails, I just opened my camera to have another look. The black/red pair on the left plug in with a 3 pin connector that is in a 4 pin board connection. I wonder if some of these are in the wrong place. It would still be odd that it is just these two cameras, and not more... The seller did say admit it has happened to other customers, but they don't really let on that they are having lots of problems.

Does anyone have a working version of this camera that is easily accessible to compare the internals?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry for the fuzzy shots. Light was a bit dim and I was standing on a stool reaching way up trying to get a decent angle.

2016-07-15 16.35.52.jpg2016-07-15 16.35.42.jpg2016-07-15 16.35.35.jpg

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2016-07-15 12.58.29.jpg2016-07-15 13.00.30.jpgThat is very nice of you to post those pics for me. At least I can see that the wiring matches.

I meant to upload pics on my last post. So here they are.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
No trouble. Shame those didn't work out for you. When did you order them? I noticed that the purchase protection on my outdoor versions is just about out so I probably ordered them almost 2 months ago. I got 4 of those and they work just fine as does my original indoor version like yours. I can't remember when I got that one but it was probably late last fall, early winter maybe.

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No trouble. Shame those didn't work out for you. When did you order them? I noticed that the purchase protection on my outdoor versions is just about out so I probably ordered them almost 2 months ago. I got 4 of those and they work just fine as does my original indoor version like yours. I can't remember when I got that one but it was probably late last fall, early winter maybe.
I ordered them on June 12. "Your order will be closed in 28 days". I think purchase protection would get me the same 100% refund that the seller is offering.

The seller didn't want to send me any of the outdoor cams in case of compatibility issues. I have to admit, I am a little gun-shy of ordering them from another seller. I am working up my nerve though. Did you go through the seller CCTV-TOP?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I assume that your passive injector arrived and didn't magically bring your cams to life?