China region Hikvision camera

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m looking at getting a couple HIK2032, a 6mm and 12mm. There is only 1 vendor I can find that sells these, but they are China region cameras. The vendor has this on the website:
“China region camera but menus are inEnglish by default. Day of week in the on-screen display will display in Chinese but can be turned off to display date only.”
If I don’t plan to upgrade the firmware, does the China region camera lose any functionality from a U.S.region Hikvision camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No it does not lose any functionality. You can still upgrade the firmware later if you wish as well it is just more difficult. Member @CBX has a fix that permanently changes the camera to a US region.

Last edited by a moderator:

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Does CBX fix involve typing in code, or downloading a program that does it by itself?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe he gives you a program to execute. Everyone says it has worked for them. You should contact cbx and ask.

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info CBX. Right now I'm debating about buying from Aliexpress. Half the price of U.S. vendors. So I'll probably contact you in the future.

tonydi

n3wb
Reaction score
Quite a few people on these forums have bought their 2032's from CCTV Camera China ( http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bv2QYpb2 ). It's sorta buried in their description section, but they do offer the 6mm and 12mm versions. You just have to specify that you want the 6mm or 12mm lens when you place the order, otherwise they'll ship 4mm.

While these are still Chinese cameras, this vendor patches the necessary files on the camera to give multi-language capability, obviously including English.

Semper Gumby

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that is the company I'm going with. Julia is the salesperson that works 24/7