Christmas Sales 2021

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think it is just coincidence when the light reflects back that it loses color.

These things need a lot of light, so when it is looking at an area with light and starts panning, the camera has a timer of how long it will stay color before switching to b/w.

If you feel you have enough light, then switch it from auto to color so that it stays in color regardless of what the sensor is telling it.

Most of us don't have enough light according to the camera, so if we want color we have to force it into color.
Okay, I was looking for that setting and have done that before on my smaller camera. Seems like I couldn’t find the force color option. But I’m going to look again today. It was like an ND filter getting stuck. I do use a lot of white light in the area at night. Thanks you.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
+1 on an updated refurbished list.
Edit: O.K. now I see that the first post does in fact contain the updated list, my bad.

Also, have the 6mm lens versions of the IPC-T5442TM-AS become impossible to find? They seem to have dissappeared since shortly into the Black Friday sale.

One more question: what is the full story on the firmware on these 5442 series (as well as the ZE variants) as far as choosing between a working Smart IR and proper AI/IVS/Tripwire functionality? I see a lot a references to more recent firmware versions that seem to fix the Smart IR, but to the detriment of the other functions. It seems odd that we can't have both....
Edit: O.K., I finally found the appropriate massive thread (SMD 3.0 dahua) that covers it thoroughly. Just finished reading the whole thing though, and am still left slightly confused: can we have both a fast acting and accurate SMD 3.0 and working SmartIR together on the latest firmware for the 5442 series? Or are there still situations that favor the late 2020 releases?

Last edited:

Davidms12

n3wb
Reaction score
Since I've never ordered from Empiretecandy before can someone tell me how the shipping is? It appears Andy is in Hong Kong - does that mean it takes weeks for the cameras to ship to the US?

Thanks

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Since I've never ordered from Empiretecandy before can someone tell me how the shipping is? It appears Andy is in Hong Kong - does that mean it takes weeks for the cameras to ship to the US?

Thanks
You'll find that shipping is quick, on the items he has in stock.

edit: based on my own experiences of 7-8 orders (so far)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks
If he has the item is sitting in an Amazon warehouse, he can ship it from there even if you order from him directly. Obviously if you purchase it from his store on Amazon, you will get it within your normal Amazon time frames.

If the item has to come from Hong Kong, it is usually 3-4 days depending on where you are in the US. Contrast that with other unknown vendors on AilExpress that say it will be weeks.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks
hmm, we have several warehouses in USA, can process most orders via local shipping, 3-5 working days can be delivered. Have amazon shop, ipcamtalk shop and buy directly. :D

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Thanks
Forgetaboutit. I have ordered many items to different locations, and Andy ships it fast. Longest I had to wait was 5 days.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
+1 on an updated refurbished list.
Edit: O.K. now I see that the first post does in fact contain the updated list, my bad.

Also, have the 6mm lens versions of the IPC-T5442TM-AS become impossible to find? They seem to have dissappeared since shortly into the Black Friday sale.

One more question: what is the full story on the firmware on these 5442 series (as well as the ZE variants) as far as choosing between a working Smart IR and proper AI/IVS/Tripwire functionality? I see a lot a references to more recent firmware versions that seem to fix the Smart IR, but to the detriment of the other functions. It seems odd that we can't have both....
Edit: O.K., I finally found the appropriate massive thread (SMD 3.0 dahua) that covers it thoroughly. Just finished reading the whole thing though, and am still left slightly confused: can we have both a fast acting and accurate SMD 3.0 and working SmartIR together on the latest firmware for the 5442 series? Or are there still situations that favor the late 2020 releases?
The 6mm right now stock is a little tight, but we will have stock later this month, For the firmware here is the most stable one for 2021 cams.

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
See you soon this night, this promotion only 3 days. We will make sure all orders can be delivered before Chiristmas.
The sale doesn't seem to be active on Amazon just yet (USA, ~8am Pacific time)...maybe this evening?

Last edited:

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, PM as stated in the post on the first page.
Yes, I saw that, but wasn't sure if it was time corrected for any given location in the world, and on top of that the IPCT sale was going from early this morning, so not really a universal answer.