Chrome App for Dahuas

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For Dahua IP cameras and video recorders; Not the greatest solution really, but it works after the death of the GSSAPI plugins.. on Windows/Mac/Linux

Install: NACL Web Plug-in

Note this is a Chrome App, you have to launch the app and it will open a new browser window will open.. Regular chrome still wont play back video.

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It seems this only works with recent Dahua firmware. Unless I'm missing something?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Tried it with chrome.using windows 7.tried to login into dahua nvr.clicked on login button and nothing happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Worked for me running chrome on a macbook :)
Go to "more tools" then extensions, then select the NACL Web plug in
Click the green launch app button
You should see a new "web service" window pop up.
In the URL box, type in the IP address of your camera.
It should let you log into the camera, and then the live window should show video, at least that's how it worked for me.

Took me a little bit to figure this out.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It worked for me for a while on Windows 7 then stopped working a few days ago for some reason. I launch the app then it kills the tab without launching a thing. Haven't spent the time to figure out why yet.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It did not work for me on Chrome in windows 10, but IE tab is working on Chrome.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This isn't working for me either. Using Linux with the Chromium app. I get to the login page and if I put the incorrect pw it immediately tells me. If I put the correct pw, it doesn't do anything. Nothing. Just sits there like I didn't hit "ok"

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What camera? seems to only work with newer firmware

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of the 5231 starlights I got yesterday. I'm running Linux Mint and am having a difficult time setting this camera up. Can't download the plugin for firefox in linux so that's how I found this thread. What is the best way you'd suggest accessing this camera's settings? I can manipulate the settings in firefox but just can't see the video feed.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yesss thank you. Have been looking for that because I know I remember you posting that, probably in the other thread. Could have sworn I screen shotted that on my phone but it wasn't there. Got it working now in VLC thanks!

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Although is it possible to set up IVS without being able to view the stream in the web ui?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How do you launch the plug in app first?

Also, any idea if this will work at all on Android devices?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
new tab, apps in upper left corner, nacl web plugin..

if linux users cant get it working I doubt it'll work in Android

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
So IE tab won't get live feeds going? I can hit my web service and log in with chrome, but no live feeds. NACL plugin the only way now?

bmwproboi05

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used IE tab in chone, and installed the plugin from IE and it works. Can even mess with tripwire

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i know this is a thread about chrome but i found this works for firefox since version 52 and higher killed the plugin. Worked for my hikvision and dahua plugins to work on firefox52 and later.

OP
Hikvision plugin doesn't work in Firefox

As of Mozilla Firefox v52.0 released on March 7th, NPAPI plugins are no longer supported. This means that, much like Google Chrome, Hikvision users will no longer be able to successfully install the web browser plugin required to view their cameras in Firefox.

This was announced in the Mozilla Future Releases blog post from October 8th 2015 and has now finally come into effect. Chrome discontinued support back in September 2015, and you can see the impact this had in our thread on the topic.

Fortunately, there is a workaround:
- Type about:config in the Firefox address bar – ignore the “are you sure you want to proceed?” page
- Right click anywhere. A context window should pop-up
- Select New >> Boolean
- Enter exactly plugin.load_flash_only
- Set the Boolean value to False
- Restart Firefox

For now, this should work as a temporary workaround to restore full functionality to your Hikvision system.

NB:

I have been unable to get this feature to work on the Firefox version of Mac OS X
This only works when using TCP transmission protocol - NOT UDP.

However, a similar fix was present in the first version of Google Chrome that removed NPAPI plugins, and this was subsequently patched out. I wouldn't expect this Firefox workaround to last forever unfortunately.