Cloudy/Weathered Dome covers

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have some cameras installed in a parking garage. The ones outside the garage take a lot of direct sunlight all day as well as get hit by all the elements. The domes have clouded up pretty bad. Does anyone know of a cleaner I should use to clean these up? Has anyone had good luck with cleaning them or should I just pony up and buy some new covers?

cimm1.jpg

cimm2.jpg

Camera 3 & 12 in particular.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You could try Polywatch? It’s intended for watches but should help to remove the clouding on the plastic lens.

There are also car products that you could maybe try but have no idea about them as I’ve not personally tried them.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have some cameras installed in a parking garage. The ones outside the garage take a lot of direct sunlight all day as well as get hit by all the elements. The domes have clouded up pretty bad. Does anyone know of a cleaner I should use to clean these up? Has anyone had good luck with cleaning them or should I just pony up and buy some new covers?

View attachment 111624

View attachment 111625

Camera 3 & 12 in particular.
Hi @grendel54

Your time is valuable ..

Solution that works for jobs like this:
1) buy replacement domes, you may also need to replace the rubber / foam components under the dome also .. so #2 could be better ..
2) buy new cameras

As @looney2ns notes .. this is the fate of domes ... plan to replace the dome often when they are exposed to UV and heat ..

grendel54

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like im leaning on buying new ones. I inherited this install, I have yet to use Dome Cameras. I stick mainly with the turret cameras. Anyone familiar with these type of cameras and where i can get some new covers?

cimm8.jpg

cimm9.jpg

cimm10.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Last time you'd asked in another thread we gave you a good informed guess of Hikvision based on the 2CD2722F on the white label. Not sure where you might find replacement domes, but that's the brand and model.

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like the seal is no longer keeping the moisture out. You may need a new seal and not a new cover. You can use Invisible Glass cleaner to clean the dome.