CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Apologies for more questions. Thank you for the great advice above. I have set Nvidia to "maximum performance" in Nvidia Control Panel.

I've stopped YOLOv5 6.2 and started YOLOv5 NET, but can't seem to enable GPU.
I've restarted PC just to be sure and tried again. Nothing in CP.AI server log indicates why GPU enable did not work.YOLOv5 NET.pngserver logs.png

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Update status: Cancel red alert. I just looked again and now I see different status for YOLOv5 .NET. Weird.YOLOv5 NET2.png

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Apologies for more questions. Thank you for the great advice above. I have set Nvidia to "maximum performance" in Nvidia Control Panel.

I've stopped YOLOv5 6.2 and started YOLOv5 NET, but can't seem to enable GPU.
I've restarted PC just to be sure and tried again. Nothing in CP.AI server log indicates why GPU enable did not work.View attachment 155881View attachment 155882
When you first enable Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) it will show CPU after the first detection it should show GPU (DirectML). How is the speed compared to Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2)

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@MikeLud1 Since you asked for a compare. This is results with YOLOv5 .NET. I shared an earlier AI detection using YOLOv5 6.2

ipcam-general on .NET.png

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick question, my car wires are being chew by mice or maybe rabbits, what kind of custom model can I use for it and will codeproject be able to capture those creatures?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quick question, my car wires are being chew by mice or maybe rabbits, what kind of custom model can I use for it and will codeproject be able to capture those creatures?

Our Daughter went through this a few years back, they got their two cars in the garage. I know they used some kind of spray. They were hit twice, meaning they got the wires replaced then it happened again. I think their final solution were traps...

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Our Daughter went through this a few years back, they got their two cars in the garage. I know they used some kind of spray. They were hit twice, meaning they got the wires replaced then it happened again. I think their final solution were traps...

I hear you, unfortunately I have my car outside, no space in the garage. So far I smell like peppermint and my hear are blasted by ultrasonic waves

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I highlighted it in the picture, should I indicate the model in that box to capture the mouse and rabbit? What is the difference between real time images of 4 instead of 10 as an example and is better 500ms or 1 sec?

Thanks for all your help

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I highlighted it in the picture, should I indicate the model in that box to capture the mouse and rabbit? What is the difference between real time images of 4 instead of 10 as an example and is better 500ms or 1 sec?

Thanks for all your help

Attachments

kferrero

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So now you are getting less then 100ms
@MikeLud1 is there a reason why .NET is so much more performant than 6.2?

Reading all of the guides mention that you should be using 6.2 for GPU and .NET for CPU but it seems .NET works an order of magnitude faster for GPU?

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do not see any response, 1) could be a stupid question, feel free to say so or people are on the same boat as I'm. I'm trying to read as much as I can but every screenshot that I see in this forum are different and each has they own settings.

Reaction score
I do not see any response, 1) could be a stupid question, feel free to say so or people are on the same boat as I'm. I'm trying to read as much as I can but every screenshot that I see in this forum are different and each has they own settings.

No stupid questions.
What works for me, my targets may vary from yours.
Do not use Default Object Detection
Do not use Main stream if available
Use custom models.
I use 100 msec and 4 images, but that is mostly for moving vehicles. Trial and error called for here due to other variables. Like pre-trigger record.

If I were you, I would first experiment using the Codeproject AI explorer. Try the different models, using their samples as well as graphics that you provide. Then take that info to BI.

"An intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of the Lone Ranger."

AlphaBlueIris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No stupid questions.
What works for me, my targets may vary from yours.
Do not use Default Object Detection
Do not use Main stream if available
Use custom models.
I use 100 msec and 4 images, but that is mostly for moving vehicles. Trial and error called for here due to other variables. Like pre-trigger record.

If I were you, I would first experiment using the Codeproject AI explorer. Try the different models, using their samples as well as graphics that you provide. Then take that info to BI.

"An intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of the Lone Ranger."
That is very nice of you, great tips. Thanks. Things are moving so fast in the blueiris codeproject world that is hard to follow.