CodeProject.AI Version 2.0

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @wittaj. I wish I knew what was better. I have IVS on some cameras because I thought it was more reliable. But if I can reduce false positives by confirming a human, I think it would be better.
Anything else I can check? Thank you so much for your help.
A lot of it is field of view dependent and not trying to do too much with one field of view, but many of us that just want triggers and alerts for human or vehicle, the camera AI is more than adequate for that. I don't need the orange box and person %. So if that is all you need you are halfway there - now you just have to tell BI to alert you based on external/onvif trigger.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your GPU is old and is not supported at this time, below are the supported GPUs for the ALPR module

View attachment 180851
Thank you Mike,

I have a third machine I just setup with Codproject MESH and it keeps timing out. Everything works till it times out (30 sedonds) . This is the machine info -
Server version: 2.4.6-Beta
System: Windows
Operating System: Windows (Microsoft Windows 11 version 10.0.22621)
CPUs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz (Intel)
1 CPU x 8 cores. 16 logical processors (x64)
GPU (Primary): Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (1,024 MiB) (Intel Corporation)
Driver: 30.0.101.1404
System RAM: 16 GiB
Platform: Windows
BuildConfig: Release
Execution Env: Native
Runtime Env: Production
.NET framework: .NET 7.0.10
Default Python:
Video adapter info:
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630:
Driver Version 30.0.101.1404
Video Processor Intel(R) UHD Graphics Family
System GPU info:
GPU 3D Usage 7%
GPU RAM Usage 0
Global Environment variables:
CPAI_APPROOTPATH = <root>
CPAI_PORT = 32168

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Mike,

I have a third machine I just setup with Codproject MESH and it keeps timing out. Everything works till it times out (30 sedonds) . This is the machine info -
Default Python:
Video adapter info:
System GPU info:
GPU 3D Usage 7%
GPU RAM Usage 0
CPAI_PORT = 32168
Which Object Detection Module are you using? Give the Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) a try. Also make sure you are only using one Object Detection Module.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
All... I've seen recent mentions of newer versions of CUDA. Here's my current info. Should I upgrade CUDA or the NVIDIA driver? System seems to be running okay other than slow AI push notifications. Thanks!

1703382313122.png

Reaction score
A lot of it is field of view dependent and not trying to do too much with one field of view, but many of us that just want triggers and alerts for human or vehicle, the camera AI is more than adequate for that. I don't need the orange box and person %. So if that is all you need you are halfway there - now you just have to tell BI to alert you based on external/onvif trigger.

That makes sense. Keeping it simple, the cameras that are set to trigger via ONVIF are no longer sending messages to my phone. In BI, I see them under new but not under Alerts. No alerts on any camera since I updated BI and CPAI three days ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

teejnut

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Mike,

Default Python:
Video adapter info:
System GPU info:
GPU 3D Usage 7%
GPU RAM Usage 0
CPAI_PORT = 32168
Make sure the Windows firewall isn't blocking it. I had a similar issue with timeout initially.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Which Object Detection Module are you using? Give the Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) a try. Also make sure you are only using one Object Detection Module.
Hey Mike, I am using Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) .. I'll check my firewall.

Rick

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Mike, I am using Object Detection (YOLOv5 .NET) .. I'll check my firewall.

Rick
Mike,

My 2nd MESH PC server still shuts down after 30 seconds. I have shut off the Virus protection, the firewall for Domain Network, Private Network, and Publlic Network all to no avail. It'll show Active: true for about 30 seconds then switch to false. Any other ideas?

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mike,

My 2nd MESH PC server still shuts down after 30 seconds. I have shut off the Virus protection, the firewall for Domain Network, Private Network, and Publlic Network all to no avail. It'll show Active: true for about 30 seconds then switch to false. Any other ideas?
I am not sure what could be the issue. Please post on CodeProject.AI forum the issue you are having. When posting include your system info

1703391961196.png

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Done, posted on the forums on Codeproject Ai.

Thank you for your quick replies and help Mike.

Rick

Real quick Mike, I am now having an issue with the 2nd Mesh machine, it says- 08:50:39 Unable to ping mesh server "Blue-Iris-SERV" Pausing pings temporarily.

any ideas?

Rick

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Real quick Mike, I am now having an issue with the 2nd Mesh machine, it says- 08:50:39 Unable to ping mesh server "Blue-Iris-SERV" Pausing pings temporarily.

any ideas?

Rick
Maybe the PC is going into hibernation. Can you manually ping the PC

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe the PC is going into hibernation. Can you manually ping the PC
Yeah, it won't ping. I thought maybe it was the firewall or the anitvirus software but after shutting that all off it still won't ping, or connect to the internet. Weird as it was working before I did the video card software upgrades.

Skinny1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, it won't ping. I thought maybe it was the firewall or the anitvirus software but after shutting that all off it still won't ping, or connect to the internet. Weird as it was working before I did the video card software upgrades.

I redid the sharing network options and now it is working again.

Alan_F

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same for me did you ever figure out what it was?
That was back in January, and I don't remember other than my next post later that day which was: "Working for me again after upgrading to 5.6.9,2"

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They have to be on the same network to mesh. You've got your docker containers configured to use three separate networks (172.26.0.2, 172.21.0.2 and 172.20.0.2)
Interesting.... they are all on separate machines and typically you just forward the port to the container. I wonder if meshing uses a new port...

The docker hosts are on 192.168.0.2,173,174 respectively. I suppose I could set up a macport or something, but that would suck.

kaltertod

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mesh uses udp multicast to broadcast itself and uses the default for 32168 to handle the work. This is why the machines will not see each other when they are on different subnets, or on an ipsec vpn tunnel as per Chris on the code project forums. They are however working on a workaround for more stubborn network configurations.

https://www.codeproject.com/Forums/1988128/CodeProject-AI-Server-Insiders?fid=1988128&df=90&mpp=25&sort=Position&spc=Relaxed&prof=True&view=Normal&fr=76#xx0xx

Mesh uses the same port as the server, but broadcasts via UDP. Definitely check your firewall.

The networking aspect of this is the worst part of the whole endeavour. It works flawlessly on a simple network. It starts getting messy and painful as soon as the network is slightly complicated. This is a work in progress.

cheers
Chris Maunder
There is subsequent information in the replies by myself in that thread. For those that cannot view the insiders forum wireshark shows that code project mesh is broadcasting and listening on port 51204 at least on my machines.