ColorVu white light

Reaction score
I want to disable the ColorVu cameras white light
When I log in to the browser and access the configuration tab, the tab for external devices is missing. The only tabs available are Basic Information, Time Setting, RS-485, Menu Output and About.

Any advice on how to access the External Device tab?

This is what I need
23911C80-8261-4477-92C6-55EF71A04828.jpeg

This is what I have
647BF4AD-C85C-401D-9A0C-2858876A5915.jpeg

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No I’m using ivms 4200 on the Mac to view cameras, and i use Safari to access the via browser
Going back to @alastairstevenson's point, you may literally have to use a computer that has IE 11 and you can install the special browser plugin before you can see all of the camera's features through the web browser. As for IVMS-4200, if Hikvision is anything like Dahua, it's not unusual for newer cameras to get ahead of the apps, meaning the apps can't sometimes access all of newer cameras newer features for awhile.

Last edited:

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I’m assuming it cannot be configured directly through the NVR?
Maybe? When new camera models that have new features come out, sometimes apps (iVMS 4200) and NVR firmware versions need an update before they access the new features.

Dahua’s version of this camera (5442TM-AS-LED) put the controls for the LEDS in the IR section of the camera’s settings. I originally thought that was pretty lazy on their part, but thinking about it now, it may have been so that their apps and NVRs can access those settings without needing an update.

John Williamson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As Coney27 said it's only available in the camera GUI. I have one on my system and use Safari. Do the following:

1 - Login to NVR
2 - Go to Network > Advanced Settings > Other > Enable the Virtual Host Checkbox.
3 - Open another browser tab/window
4 - Login to the camera webpage at http://NVR_IP_Address:6500_CameraNumber. For example if NVR is 192.168.0.100 and it's camera 3 go to
Once you've logged on there you can access the camera specific settings you're looking for and disable the light. Although Safari for Mac will not show the camera images as there's no compatible plugin, you can still alter and apply settings.

stevenizme

n3wb
Reaction score
As Coney27 said it's only available in the camera GUI. I have one on my system and use Safari. Do the following:

1 - Login to NVR
2 - Go to Network > Advanced Settings > Other > Enable the Virtual Host Checkbox.
4 - Login to the camera webpage at http://NVR_IP_Address:6500_CameraNumber. For example if NVR is 192.168.0.100 and it's camera 3 go to
Once you've logged on there you can access the camera specific settings you're looking for and disable the light. Although Safari for Mac will not show the camera images as there's no compatible plugin, you can still alter and apply settings.
I'm glad I found this page. This worked for me in Edge browser. Thanks!

busterboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

1 - Login to NVR
6 months I have been looking for this answer.:banghead:

So simple when you know how.:facepalm:

Thank you very much John Williamson. :goodpost: