Comcast "SmartOffice" cameras and NVR

brk

n3wb
Reaction score
SmartOffice is Comcast's business-oriented offering. I do not know if they would pitch this to an HOA, or if they would pitch their residential cameras.
But, if it is SmartOffice, then it is Axis M3104-LVE cameras and the cloud service portion is a Comcast-branded Genetec Stratocast offering.

The only pricing I have heard for SmartOffice is $30/mo for the first camera, and then $15/mo for extra indoor cameras or $20/mo for extra outdoor cameras, no upfront charges for the cameras themselves. Those prices are for 7 days of video retention, I did not get pricing for the 30 day retention plan.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Then appears the camera install is upfront if this isn't a physical hardware charge.

"with a basic charge of $199 for a one-camera install, with additional cameras at $99 each. Thereafter, users pay $29.99 for the seven-day (round-the-clock) storage/retrieval of a single-camera stream, and $14.95 (for indoor) or $19.95 (for outdoor) on each additional camera’s capture."

Least that info is based on the posted article above. Also that camera you referenced is a $200-$300 camera, so I'm guessing they aren't just giving those away.

Tbixxer

n3wb
Reaction score
You are talking about the iControl platform? You don't think that is widely Deployed?? You are wrong on that as well.

Trolling - Maybe a bit, but it's 6:30 AM and I can't adjust to Las Vegas time..

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
No one said anything about iControl - iControl has driven the touch panel in the Comcast home security hardware since inception/launch day. I was speaking directly about the physical camera hardware itself and the fact there has been 3 or 4 versions of camera hardware since launch, with the latest camera remake mid last year, yet that hardware has not been widely rolled out as I still see older style box cameras in the field that were gen 1/2 possibly 3.

Now you are grasping - go back to sleep, if your in Vegas for ISC, I hope you take advantage of the final day to try and learn a few things on the floor today

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Baja

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on this quote the OP's 8 camera setup would cost $4,140 to $5,220 for the first 2 years. Over 5 years that comes to $9,000 to $11,700. Ouch...

Comcast launches 'SmartOffice' snoop system to bust up troubles

"...with a basic charge of $199 for a one-camera install, with additional cameras at $99 each. Thereafter, users pay $29.99 for the seven-day (round-the-clock) storage/retrieval of a single-camera stream, and $14.95 (for indoor) or $19.95 (for outdoor) on each additional camera’s capture."

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on this quote the OP's 8 camera setup would cost $4,140 to $5,220 for the first 2 years. Over 5 years that comes to $9,000 to $11,700. Ouch...

Comcast launches 'SmartOffice' snoop system to bust up troubles

"...with a basic charge of $199 for a one-camera install, with additional cameras at $99 each. Thereafter, users pay $29.99 for the seven-day (round-the-clock) storage/retrieval of a single-camera stream, and $14.95 (for indoor) or $19.95 (for outdoor) on each additional camera’s capture."
$100 per cam to install, I'll remember that when people want me to install cams for them lol. I was thinking around 75-100 a pop for anything not too difficult anyways heh. As for cloud storage, are they going to give you free bad ass internet for all of the uploading if you buy more than a few cams from them?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
From that article "Using high definition (720p) but relatively slow scanning (5 frames per second) cameras that have an unusually wide-angle (180 degree) view"....hahahahah 720p 5fps and 180 degree view, that's going to look like utter shit lol.

JoshFink

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I told them I wasn't interested in discussing it any more. They have very little answers and it's not worth the hassle.

I'll look to put together a system myself for this.