Compatibility with Milestone XProtect

ptr727

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I'm using Milestone XProtect with a couple cameras at my house, including a Y-Cam Cube WiFi camera I temporarily placed in my garage, and I'm looking to replace the cube with a wired POE camera.
I do have Axis P33 domes outside, but as this is indoors, I don't want to spend Axis kind of money.

So, two questions, are the Hikvision cameras compatible with XProtect?
To clarify, I assume I'll be using ONVIF?
And I want the camera to do the motion detection, I do NOT want my server to do motion detection?

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@ptr727 Yes they will work with milestone perfectly using camera side motion.

ptr727

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.

Two followups:
- Looking at images, I see there is no way to plug an ethernet cable into the enclosure, like I would on e.g. the Axis domes, only a pigtail, is there a way to convert a dome camera RJ45 to plug ethernet directly into the dome instead of pigtails in a box?
- I see products advertised in brown boxes and red boxes, and multi language versions, then noting the threads here on Chinese firmware, how do I identify a US warrantied product, or a supplier, e.g. for the DS-2CD2132F models?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you.

Two followups:
- Looking at images, I see there is no way to plug an ethernet cable into the enclosure, like I would on e.g. the Axis domes, only a pigtail, is there a way to convert a dome camera RJ45 to plug ethernet directly into the dome instead of pigtails in a box?
- I see products advertised in brown boxes and red boxes, and multi language versions, then noting the threads here on Chinese firmware, how do I identify a US warrantied product, or a supplier, e.g. for the DS-2CD2132F models?
You need to use the pigtail...while you can cut it i would not recommend it...for indoors consider the 2432 cube...
Only authorized hikvsion sellers can offer a hikvision warranty....some sellers like nellys sell US region cameras only but provide their own warranty.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was about to buy from Amazon, when I noticed a seller claiming DS-2CD2135F is a 2015 model year replacement for the 2132 models.
See: http://smile.amazon.com/Hikvision-Multi-language-DS-2CD2135F--replace-DS-2CD2132F-/dp/B0177EAOKC/

Any info on this?
My best guess is that it is a Chinese Region camera with hacked firmware to enable English language. If you try to flash a Chinese Region camera with western region firmware you're going to brick the camera...and making it functional again will be no walk in the park...even if @whoslooking and @alastairstevenson are walking in the park with you. On the other hand, you may never need to flash the firmware...but I'd suggest that you spend a little more money and purchase a true Western Region camera from @RyanODan at Nelly's Security. You can trust Ryan and you'll be a lot better off in the end IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But where's the fun, without the park lol.

But seriously @Q2U is correct, in the US you gets these camera's cheap, around $25 over the Chinese prices save your self the hassle.
It's a bit different in the UK and Europe they are at least twice the price, like most things we are ripped off.

Last edited by a moderator: