Concerns with BI missing motion

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 7258View attachment 7258View attachment 7258

I believe object detection was on when the incident occurred . I turned it off based upon what you wrote above. Also it was changed to continuos to see if the files are being written but previously it was on when triggered.
was your schedule set to profile 1 (or no profile) when this incident occurred? Are these the settings that were active at the time? was object detection disabled like in the image?
Post an image of your record tab as well.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
profile 1 . which is the standard always record with motion. i never actively setup a profile. anyway i can export a piece of a clip?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
profile 1 . which is the standard always record with motion. i never actively setup a profile. anyway i can export a piece of a clip?
yes, the export function allows you to export any portion of a clip..see the help file for instructions...post your record tab image, it is important that it be set correctly.
You need to have a minimum of 2x your FPS set for the pretrigger recording..this is because direct to disc (if you are using it) only begins recording on a new frame.
This is also why its important to match your iframe interval to your fps (in the cameras internal settings) a high iframe interval can cause several seconds of missed recordings.
Also set your end/break time to at LEAST 30 seconds, not 10.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it was set to profile 1. I dont think any specifics were made to the profile. object detection was on . sorry i thought i did post a record but i see it is just two of the trigger . here you gorecord.jpg

Any way i can cut out a piece of a clip? create a new clip that is just a few minutes of the main clip?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it was set to profile 1. I dont think any specifics were made to the profile. object detection was on . sorry i thought i did post a record but i see it is just two of the trigger . here you goView attachment 7259

Any way i can cut out a piece of a clip? create a new clip that is just a few minutes of the main clip?
If object detection was on then that was absolutely causing your issue. DO NOT use it.
You need to enter a pretrigger frame number...at LEAST twice your frame rate...3 is better.
It seems you changed your recording settings to continuous...so this is all irrelevant.
Yes you can export a portion..the help file explains exactly how to do this.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It wasn't previously on continuous . It was changed today it was previously on when triggered. here is the video at 22.16 the person just appears out of nowhere. not on any other cameras at all. a gap of 10 minutes on the same clip?
View My Video

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
object detection would explain a 10 minute gap without that person showing in any camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It wasn't previously on continuous . It was changed today it was previously on when triggered. here is the video at 22.16 the person just appears out of nowhere. not on any other cameras at all. a gap of 10 minutes on the same clip?
View My Video
if you had it set to object detection that can cause this issue,...since you dont have all your previous settings I cant tell you what if anything else was set wrong.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
nothing else was changed but a 10 minute gap?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
nothing else was changed but a 10 minute gap?
yes, because its not detecting motion properly.
Any chance you had the record tab set to trigger + continuous or trigger + periodic? Those should not be used unless you know what they are for.
Also, what is your cpu consumption on average? A very high cpu consumption could choke BI and cause recordings to fail.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its at 80% . no it was set to when triggered.

bennuss

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
80% is what it was showing when i had them all at continuous . put them back to when triggered and the cpu is down to 35%
How do i set the sensitivity and the contrast. i see people are walking by and it doesnt record it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
80% is what it was showing when i had them all at continuous . put them back to when triggered and the cpu is down to 35%
How do i set the sensitivity and the contrast. i see people are walking by and it doesnt record it.
it will vary by the camera view and distance of the subject..keep lowering until it triggers..you might want to lower the make time to 0.7.
Also if you are using direct to disk, did you adjust the cameras iframe interval as mentioned earlier?