Configuring POE on DS-2CD2532F-IWS

Assignor

n3wb
Reaction score
Need suggestions how to:
I have a dozen DS-2CD2532F-IWS, Chinese labeled V5.3.0_150513, Manufactured 12/2015, all come with an XINFLY POE Injector. They bought from China July 2016 already hacked to EN. To be installed all over a Large Site with existing Ethernet and WIFI. Most locations not near convenient power or easy to add wiring. In cases of some camera locations, it would be fine to power the camera and use WIFI (with the SD as a backup).
Cannot find any specs as to which POE these cameras use, or which Ethernet wires would be available to carry power. Testing with the "Injector" 12v powered lit up the injector's light but did not power the camera. Cannot find specs indicating if the XINFLY's really are splitters instead of injectors.
In theory
1) If they can inject, somewhere along the line, the very remote cameras could just be powered thru the RJ-45 and WIFI signals.
2) If they split, what Ethernet wires do I apply power to.
In worst case for remote locations, I can steal a pair and put power into the available power pigtail - I have successfully test powered direct, but it is a pain.
3) For most locations, Ideal would be data and POE using only the Ethernet - but cannot find any specs.

Thanks for anyone's help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A slight conflict in the product description (passive vs 802.3.af)
Xinfly RJ45 POE Injector Power over Ethernet Switch Power Adapter POE001 For POE IP Camera

Mini Style Passive POE Injector w/ LED Indicator New Hot Sale

POE:pin(45 78) for power + pin(1236) for data;

LAN:pin(1236)

DC: 5-52V power

Green power indicator

Standard:IEEE802.3af(at)POE standard power over Ethernet

Note:If you need support IP camera, Pls use 48V power adapter to support this injector.
I'll bet from the price it's passive.
Testing with the "Injector" 12v powered lit up the injector's light but did not power the camera.
You need to feed 48v into it.

Assignor

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately I am the onsite employee who management handed what they ordered from aliexpress without much documentation.
I have some working - and will try alistairstevenson's 48v solution as soon as I locate some small powersupplies to insert for remote locations. I'll still feed those signals by WIFI as there are 4 different Ethernet networks here - 1 ours and 3 tenants. Not allowed to be interconnected for security purposes.
Thanks again.